View Single Post
Dazed
Default   #3  
Well it wouldn't make much sense for people to be speaking in a French accent when they're supposed to be speaking French, would it? *coughPotOcough*

I guess, since every region has a different accent, it'd be near impossible to make the characters have no accent. If the character has an American accent, it may sound weird to the English and vice-versa. I (usually) just never pay attention to accents in movies taking place in foreign countries like that unless it just doesn't make sense.

Like Lumiere in B&B - they're supposed to be speaking French, why does he have a French accent? There should be no accent because to all the characters, they don't really have accents. Belle might have a more country accent to her speak since she comes from a small country town, and the Beast may have a more noble accent being, well, nobility. I liked how Mrs. Pots had a more London accent to her speak (she should, considering she was played by Angela Landsbury!) since it made sense that the cook, who might be an English immigrant, would have an English accent to her French.
Old Posted 03-30-2011, 01:07 AM Reply With Quote