View Single Post
Banned
Journal of the Transformation Paladin

“What wanderer feels his feet hold still and not wonder why he should not continue?”

This life is a short one and so it is only natural for a young spirit to desire to see the world before time turns them to sand. If not for my position on the council I too would leave to wander the worlds, the great goddess, Fenrir willing! People come and people go at their own time when the sweet breezes whisper to their heart the desires of the soul.

Paladins are free spirits and so the call is all that much stronger until the tug on the heart is even greater than that of loyalty and conviction but rather one of love. The love of freedom and the breaking chains of a title that demand from the bearer the rules of the order they served is a joy that cannot be explained in the words of any worldly language. We look for any excuse to shrug off our yoke even if we do not realize it ourselves.

I too feel this pull just as my former paladins do. Two of my small order have loped to other pastures and raced to discover their potential along a far more interesting path. They are not the first nor do I expect them to be the last. Even so I suppose as time goes on my small collection of friends will continue to dwindle for some reason or another. Whether the tug of the worn road or a harsh word leads them to their choice it is theirs to make. Even Fenrir and the gods of the worlds cannot take away that right!

For those who seek refuge this home of mine will always be open. Even as my heart throbs at the echoes of empty hallways there needs to be someone here to greet guests and those who wish to shoulder a title for a time.

It makes me wonder how the Knights of Chaos in their infinite power manage to avoid the calling to wander. I may be their enemy but I must admire Lord Cronislee and his incredibly loyal bunch. Perhaps someday I will learn their secrets.
-Letiel
Last edited by Letiel; 03-22-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Old Posted 02-09-2011, 01:07 PM Reply With Quote