Thread: Concerts
View Single Post
Collector's Item
I've seen Mr Hudson, Esra and Rhythm & Reel (twice). Though on Saturday I'm going to see Professor Green, on the 22nd of February my best friend and I are going to see Maroon 5 and then on the 28th we're going to see Example. I'll fill you in on those concerts after they happen xD

Mr Hudson: Possibly the greatest night of my life. It was my first "proper" concert too. My two best friends and I went up as a group and met up with another two girls from our school there. We watched the warm up act, which to be fair I didn't like that much. They were called The Electric Duo, and at first they were good, but they ignored our half of the stage and then the novelty wore off.

Anyway, after that Mr Hudson, Raphael Mann and Joy Joseph took to the stage. For that two and a half hours I was there, part of his sing along crew, got his autograph and a hand shake...I actually thought I was going to die of happiness.

The gig was done and we were waiting outside for a ride home when these two girls came up to us and said Mr Hudson would be coming out. So we waited, and then half an hour later I got to meed him! I got a hug, pictures, a second autograph (personalised with my name) and a few special stories from him. Then he took me and my friends to a private gig with him and the rest of his entourage.

Safe to say, greatest night ever. I still have my autographs, my ticket, my pictures and my glow stick. Sadly the picture I got with Mr Hudson sucked ):

Esra: Esra are a local band to me, but they're actually really good. I got to see them for free because I was working that night. They do cover versions of songs. I had a laugh when I was working and near the end of the night when they played 'Sex On Fire' I got a dance with a guy because he said I was a little darling cleaning up after him. Possibly not the nicest dance in the world, but it was good fun xD

Rhythm & Reel: The first time I saw them was at a street party just after the Scottish Cup Final where my local team went down to Glasgow, sadly we lost. But still, the party was to build team morale and to show we were still there. To be honest though I thought that they were awful when I saw them the first time.

The second time I saw them however was at my school social. The senior social has a live band play and it's always Rhythm & Reel. I don't know what it was, but they were a hundred times better. They played the dance music so we could have a bit of a boogie (well, as much of a boogie as you can have doing the Dashing White Sargent) and they also did a few covers. The two best cover songs they did was: 'Brown Eyed Girl' by Van Morrison and 'Loch Lomond' by Runrig. Loch Lomond was probably the greatest song though.
Old Posted 01-30-2011, 11:43 AM Reply With Quote