View Single Post
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I finally got irritated enough with GNOME 3 that I brushed off the Linux desktop environment that I had started building from scratch. I have put a TON of work into it over the last few days, and it's good enough now that I can actually use it on a day-to-day basis without major annoyances.

Well... There's one major annoyance at the moment, but I'm not sure that's the fault of my own code? Some keyboard shortcuts stopped working and I haven't wanted to log out and back in to force them to be fixed. But Openbox's keyboard shortcuts broke too, so... I'm not sure what's up with that.
It's been a month since I switched to my bespoke system, and... I'll be honest, it's really nice that I can just FIX anything that annoys me.

It makes me really happy that this is working so well.

Aside from a bug in the screenshot tool that I fixed a couple days ago, I haven't had any annoyances in over a week. It's so refreshing.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-03-2023, 11:26 PM Reply With Quote