View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Default   #5599  
Oh yeah! I think I remember you mentioning the shadow scarf! It sounds pretty cool!

Lol, no. Skirts aren't required. But they're more comfortable to me than pants are despite the general lack of pockets. Plus I already have several skirts, but I don't own any dress pants. And jeans aren't allowed.
The basic dress code is "business casual" so casual dresses, skirts, khaki pants, or dress slacks/pants and "dressy" t-shirts (I bought a small variety of crew neck ribbed shirts in short and long sleeve, but wish I could find a bigger variety of colors in that style and also that the white one I bought was thicker as it's a bit more see-through than I'm comfortable with), polo shirts, or blouses.
I'm kind of garbage at finding dressy clothes that I like, which is part of why I like skirts probably. A simple, solid color, a-line midi (approximately knee-length) skirt is very easy to wear formally and casually. I need more of them. >.>
Also kind of want to invest in some flannel or wool skirts for winter eventually and some nice sweaters to go with them.
Really need to catch up on my laundry so I can clean out my closet and build up my basic items better.
I'll have my library wardrobe (simple skirts and semi-dressy shirts, cute shoes and boots with low or no heels), Joann wardrobe (blue jeans, casual black t-shirts, sneakers/hiking shoes), and my "day-off" items (baggier/casual shirts or the rare graphic t-shirt, shorter skirts or skirts that I love and don't want to get rid of yet, but aren't up to library standards due to stains or general wear and tear).

Anyway, that's a lot of clothes talk... xD

Tldr; nah, skirts are personal choice, not dress code though there is a bit of a dress code to follow and eventually I'm gonna clean out my wardrobe/closet and build up good mix-and-match essentials for work as well as maintaining items for my other job and more causal clothes for my days off.
Old Posted 09-24-2021, 02:08 AM Reply With Quote