Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Double Rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Mm... I appreciate the attempt. I sincerely do. It's good to feel like I've got another friend. :)

But that wasn't a depression type of powerlessness. Under normal circumstances I'm able to resolve or at least address basically any problem I encounter. It's because I'm usually the strong one that failure sucks so much -- when I come across a significant issue that I really can't do anything about, but it's too important to just suck it up and say "oh well," it can feel crushing.
Ahh, I see!
That's a very hard feeling to cope with. :(

Especially if you are usually that "rock" in those types of situations.

Also, I feel like the world could use more people who truly care and are willing to help others even when you can't do much.

It's better than the alternative or not caring at all, or at least, only caring a teeny bit.
I was just talking to someone via discord lately and they said they wanted to become a therapist or counselor because they knew how hard the struggle was/is for those of us in mental healthcare and I was so happy. The world needs more people who are empathetic, I think. Especially when it comes to healthcare.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 03-02-2020, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote