View Single Post
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
Apparently YouTube must have a limit on how many channels you can block from suggestions, because they are showing back up after having been blocked.
I'm not aware of any such limit, but irritatingly YouTube doesn't offer a way to see a list of channels you've selected "don't recommend channel" for. (You can only clear the list, not view it or modify it. This means there's no undo feature if you blocked the wrong channel...) This makes me wonder if it isn't a perfect blacklist but rather just a strong negative bias, and watching a video from one of those channels tells the algorithm that you don't hate it as much as you said you did.

My recommendation would be to continue to say "don't recommend channel" when the videos come up, and also to check your watch history and search history to remove related videos that would make YouTube think it's something you'd want to see anyway.

It's a machine learning algorithm. It'll figure it out if you keep giving it feedback, and it'll have trouble if you don't give it consistent signals.

That said... If there are that many channels that upset you so much that you don't want to see them at all, then I have to wonder what's in your profile that makes YouTube think you want them, because clearly SOMETHING must be wrong.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-03-2020, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote