View Single Post
Icy Footed
Default   #23  
Inktober 5th
Tezra the Wretched

(Okay, I think I'll just stick to color, this took longer than I wanted it to. 8[)

A little about Tezra: One of the 9 Mermaid goddesses, appointed to the great river lands, Tezra is tasked with keeping the river flowing. Though once benevolent at heart, she has since been corrupted and angered with the pollution in her river home. She has rule over every river creature from crocodile to piranha, and often employs the help of creatures rather than people. She distrusts most people, and though she was sworn not to harm humans, if one happens to come along onto the river without her acknowledging her, she may steal what they have and/or drown them in the deep muddy depths. She wears a top made of coins she finds in the riverbed and a bracelet of ancient crocodile teeth. Her scales are tough and thick, while her sharp fins allow her to swim as swiftly against the current as she swims with it. She also has the ability to shock things in the water much like an electric eel, and they happen to be some of her favorite helpers, along with river snakes, and large sturgeon. On one occasion, someone managed to steal her mouth away, incurring her wrath. She sent many animals to search for her mouth and bring it back to her, along with the culprit. Tezra is a strong singer, but does not sing to humans, and she is actually rather shy. Though one of favorite things to do is to sling mud at humans with her tail, and laugh. Her worst enemy is Belissa the Gentle of the flowing oceans, and does not get along with her at all. They once had a singing competition, with Belissa winning by default due to her influential singing magic, and Tezra cannot stand her bubbly and boisterous demeanor. She doesn't even like looking at the sea, in reminder of her.
Tezra does enjoy the company of the other mermaid goddesses however, and is particularly fond of Lana May, the mermaid goddess of the peaceful marshlands.
Overall Tezra the Wretched is feared by local humans of the great river lands, and she is not easy to fool, but she is also likewise difficult to win over. A simple gift or offering will often not suffice. It takes impressing her somehow or actively helping the river and it's life to win her favor, which can be risky, as she might not only be unimpressed, but offended, and may suspect someone of hurting the river, not helping it.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 10-06-2019 at 02:22 AM.
Old Posted 10-05-2019, 11:00 PM Reply With Quote