View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Default   #89  
Totally is!

The 20% thing was also on books purchased for classrooms, which is nice. I think that's also in part because of lot of teachers will furnish their classrooms from their own pockets.

I think I'm going to with a young batch of kids. I need another book for the storytime though, since mine is pretty short, or I can write some poems about a pug. I did some looking around and it seems that Pigs and Pugs go together a lot. There's a counting book I wanted to get, but it's sold out at my usual store: "Pugs in a Bug." It has other breeds of dogs in other vehicles as well. I make a point of collecting dog books if they're good. I might start writing the odd thing once I figure out how picture books get made.

So I picked up The Prince and the Dressmaker and it turns out it's a graphic novel. It's YA so out of my reading range for my course but I leafed through it and it seems like it's a pretty good book. Of course the focal point is that the prince is a transvestite and no one knows about it except for the seamstress that works for him. However, the seamstress wants her own career as well and can't make it work while working for the the prince, so the issue of conflicts in a friendship comes up, and of course there are the thoughts and concerns of the general crowd when it finally comes out. It feels like there's a lot put into the story to think about.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 02-08-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Old Posted 02-08-2019, 06:11 AM Reply With Quote