View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Default   #2925  
I feel the a bit in opposite way actually. While not every character was that great, I was more impressed by them than I was by her world. Mainly because even though she used real world settings but with a magical twist, it felt too disconnected/isolated almost. Like all the stuff with Voldemort just seemed to have zero impact on the global wizarding world (and yes, while it has been mentioned outside of the books that the world as a whole was impacted by Voldemort's rise and fall sitiation, it wad never really shown in the series at all). And, as I have seen others mention, with so many witches and wizards from muggle families, why was there no influence from the non-maj world? No parents sending their kids with ballpoint pens and notebooks because parchment and quills are outdated and stupid? No muggle refrences that went over the pure-blood's heads? The world in general was okay, but I felt like there were a lot of things that could have been done better/fleshed out more about it. Outside of most aspects of the school itself, the world created just felt kind of half-assed to me.
Old Posted 09-15-2018, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote