View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #79  
Wisp shrugged her shoulders at the offer and puffed a cheek out for a second. "Go ahead. I don't plan on standing in your circles you've created however. I'm going to be the one attempting to control the situation. If you get me possessed or killed, it would end horribly for everyone." The Mage was going to have to find one of her lighter reads for the infernal for Arabella to pour through at some point, but for now it was all talk and speculation, before the actual attempt at the halfling's first time with dark magic. "Tell me right now. Let me see what you're going to barter with. So I can have an idea of who to try and bring into the fold, then." Wisp replied tartly.

It was a fleeting act of kindness. Wisp was going to be helpful now. At least with the coming of a ritual for the halfling. It was less about the actual kind acts and more building the trust with Arabella, so when Wisp said to jump off the proverbial cliffs? She would without a second thought. That split second of indecision was going to be crucial. As for her playing matchmaker with the barbarian? Wisp just owed a kind thing for Deadwaltz, and having the two at least try and love each other counted, right? She didn't know.

Waltz pumped her fist in the air at her impending victory and wriggled in place for a second, before looking at his rolling eyes and scrunching up her face. She didn't remember if that was a rude gesture down in these lands or not, but if it was when she asked someone later? He was getting a thump in the dome. "Yah should lemme make some hooch for yahself to drink. It's pretty good if yah like juniper berries." Waltz mentioned offhandedly, before peering at him. "Gimme yah vodka. Friends share."

Wisp feigned a look of hurt on her face and planted a hand on her bosom; looking towards the White Mage and pouting. "I am pretty offended you'd reject my company, and not want to watch the apprentices get mauled by hellhounds." She said incredulously, before she pressed against him further and he finally did manage to agree to go with her. "Who knows? They might be mangled up enough for you to impress us all with your helaing prowess. I'd positively swoon." Wisp said, droning on and winking at him.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

Christoval had been content to relent himself to the fate the hellhound had placed on him: his jaw locked around the young knight's ankle. It was being...Somewhat gentle for a ferocious, infernal skinless engine of war, and suddenly the young knight felt a sharp pain as the hellhound was on its side - the beast's locked jaw dragging his ankle with it. Was the thing actually trying to hurt him? Glancing back and seeing Kastivi on top of the beast while it flailed, Christoval fumbled for a weapon. Anything. And pulled the arquebus from his back and took aim; uttering a pray to whatever deity would listen to make sure he didn't hit the girl as he pulled the trigger.
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 07-05-2018, 06:47 PM Reply With Quote