View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #77  
"Well if you want me to divulge, I am supposed to show a small demonstration to your apprentice. You're welcomed to come tag along. Having someone a bit more experienced in general will probably be best." Wisp replied with a dull tone in her voice, and a tired sigh. "I'll have to start making circles once we rest for the night. I hate doing the meticulous work." The topic came to a potential desire and Wisp laughed, shaking her head and looking towards Arabella. "Undefined power? You'd probably end up trading your soul for the power to grow the largest turnips in a village you'll never visit. Some are cruel like that. I half expected you to ask a patron for an extra two inches of height."

"I would do it for you because I'm a hopeless romantic." Wisp droned on, standing up to her feet and brushing her rear and her clothing free from dust, the dark mage adjusting her herself and laying predatory eyes on the wizard. She didn't have her makeup on. She was at the disadvantage here, but Percival had one potential weakness. The same as every male that had come across Wisp's path when she needed to exploit it. And that was the Achilles' heel in their pants. And fake charm or not, Wisp could pride herself on being....A sliver of romantic, if one could call it that.

Deadwaltz looked down at the straps and hides she considered clothing, and shrugged her shoulders. Her tits weren't out and flaunting about like Wisp's were. And the cloak hid everything else. How wasn't that civilized? "Well ah mean. You got the book smarts. You probably know a lot of civilized things Ah don't. But Ah got clothes on so I win. I'm civilized." Deadwaltz laughed. Barbarian logic. "Ah'm gonna make sure ah get some then. So yah can embarrass yahself in front of everyone else."

Wisp was ready to extinguish that fire in Percival's eyes, the woman sitting right next to him and letting out a demure, helpless little sigh before resting her head on his shoulder. "Children are not pitiful excuses for humans. While I hate them myself, they're full of something we don't have, and that's exuberance." While she draped an arm around the wizard, Wisp flashed him a small smile and nodded her head to the woods. "Would you care to come to the woods with me? I'm sure we can find them getting dragged back to us then. And we can chitter among ourselves." Wisp murmured, nodding towards Deadwaltz, and then Arabella. "I'm sure you want better company."

>>>>>>

"They'd send scouts, because this one looked like it was genuinely afraid of something else." Christoval said, trying to wrap his head around everything. There wasn't time to examine the creature to see the wounds or look around the bushes for any tracks of potential, bigger threats to deal with on top of being hunted by hellhounds. "Well, this is certainly already more exciting than it should be." Christoval said with a wry smile.

As they ran, Christoval sucked in as much air as he could, looking every once a moment to make sure Kastivi was behind him. It was when those hounds caught people that Christoval hated this. Not the chase. Not the inescapable feelng of being hunted. It was that sulphurous breath and fetid drool that never left your nostrils. It was when the two cross some bushes that Christoval didn't have time to react; a mountain of flesh barraging him on the side and dropping him right down to the ground - the young knight yelping as his hound clamped down on his ankle and began to shake; Christoval looking towards Kastivi as she whirled by. He tried to call for help, tell her more advice. The only thing that managed to surface from his lungs:

"Aw fucking hell. I lost!"
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 06-29-2018, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote