View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
“Man, nightmares ain't never fun. Too many of us get 'em these days, and they're all about the same thing. The infected or getting infected. Correct me if I'm wrong,” Aren said, holding out his arm to help him up. He knew that he'd be groggy still from sleep, but they needed to get moving if they were going to make check in.

Aren closed his eyes as if that would shut out the man's voice. But they could, and they would leave him. He saw their faces and he had something he could hold against them if he made it out. Which is why he wasn't going to make it out. Aren was past the point of caring. “It makes sense. No wonder no one's come for him yet. Mavrik probably had too many eyes and needed to get rid of a pair or two and got rid of this guy in the easiest way he knew how – have him essentially kill himself by just being out of the city.”

Aren noticed the faster pace but kept up just fine, taking in as much of the plantlife as he could before being relegated back to the city walls. Once inside, he sighed and nodded. “Thank you for this. I take it I can meet you guys on the roof to set up lesson times?”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-06-2018, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote