View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #67  
"Patron. Among other things. I don't plan on divulging the specifics of any sort of relationship between us. If only for the sake of privacy." Wisp hummed in response, brushing a plume of hair from her face and staring into space with a dreamy look. Snapping back into reality the dark mage bit her lip and looked towards Arabella with a small smile on her face. "Angelic sounding name. They all take something angelic. If only to cement the irony in being the direct counterpart to heaven, I suppose." It was slipper slope into darkness and Wisp looked towards the Halfling, offering to give her the small push into oblivion. "Feel free to converse with me on the topic. I personally think you would make a lovely dark mage." Wisp said, chuckling to herself.

The topic turned to nonrequited lovers, of course and Wisp looked down towards the bleeding heart of a Daughter, only to shake her head and suck her teeth gently, the noise barely audible while she struggled to find comforting words for the woman. Inhaling and exhaling the dark mage stooped to a crouch to make sure she was eye level with Arabella, and shrugged a shoulder before turning her gaze to the mammoth of a woman. "However. If there was someone, I would see able to bring the best out of her, it would be you. Witnessing you two banter with one another. There's a light in both of your eyes. Though if you're keen on not persuing, I won't be inclined to push you any further." Wisp snorted, and flared her nostrils out at Arabella. "Advice? More like a warning. You're both old. Best to canoodle now, before none of you can bend and twist into fun positions while you're tussled in beds."

"Well, yah should count yahself lucky. Better to clobber the things that make people afraid and whatnot, than get stuck plucking turnips and corn out in the fields, I say." Deadwaltz chimed, rubbing her backside and blinking a few times before sticking out her tongue and shaking her head. Homesteading. The thought made her cringe inside and she shuddered at a more...Homely way of existing. There was a reason she was swinging swords and not baking cakes. Part of it was wonderlust. The other was a lack of cooking ability, to be frank. "Bah nonsense! Ah can be tender. Just ask Percy over there." She cackled, leaning in, but still being as audible as she could. "His back ain't right and he can't handle the big girls."

The comment on the benefits of a dark mage in a group was only doing wonder's to Wisp's ego, and the woman had to suppress the smile she wanted to plaster across her face. Someone who had finally managed to at least see past the stigma. Wisp wouldn't deny the fact that most of her kin did much to damper relations with just about everyone else they came across. From betrayals, to sacrificing others for the smallest glint of survival or extra powers, most of the dark mages across the land were vicious recreants, barely one step ahead of their infernal masters, and casting everyone around them in the pits. At least Wisp had managed to snag something more akin to a symbiotic relationship with her own patron. And it allowed her more freedom to be less of a horrid monster than she saw in her ilk. By now, were she like anyone else, her apprentice would have already been dead and laying in a ditch; his soul sucked out to serve her hellish master.

"Having one is a good thing, yes. But you have to find one not willing to murder you." Wisp said, just as plainly as his own response before pressing a hand on her chest and offering a rather mocking bow. "I simply just wish for us all to prosper. Or whatever the proper term is so you don't stick a dagger in my back." Wisp paused and read the group, finally adding a quick, "I don't plan on killing anyone." just in case.

Deadwaltz laughed as Kastivi began her hurried trek away from the demonic warhound, and placed her hands on her hips. "Well, ah'll bet you all mah gold from this venture if they managed to escape. Both of them. Any takers?" She asked, beaming towards the more experienced of the group, to which Wisp raised a hand and quirked a brow.

"I'll take that bet."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 06-06-2018, 12:34 AM Reply With Quote