View Single Post
Pepsi Pagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
That is good to hear. Does it help that it's in a book, so in that sense it's not a unique scenario? That there are others?
I suppose. r/RaisedByNarcissists was pretty good for helping that click in my mind, that I'm not alone, but the book has helped a lot more with understanding why my mother does some of the weirder things she does. Like, a mother shouldn't be telling her (then) 15 year old about sexual escapades and cocaine and abortions, but apparently narcissists have a tendency to see their children, particularly as they get older, more as friends and can end up crossing boundaries that really shouldn't be crossed.

It's just almost sad, because she bought that book for herself to help her heal from her own narcissistic mother. Another lesson from the book-- children of narcissistic parents often go on to be narcissists themselves. So something for me to look out for in myself and try to overcome my FLEAS (Frightening Lasting Effects of Abuse).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
So I made a profile over on LibraryThing. It's kinda neat! More for book geeks. You add your books, see who else has them, review, etc. But you can also add basic information about them, and add tags. The neat thing (and this is where it gets geeky) is that when you bring in your book, it comes with all the library/archive cataloging data, so you can see the Library of Congress records and such.
Makes me wish I had more books lol

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 03-22-2018, 09:33 AM Reply With Quote