View Single Post
Developer
Default   #51  
This chapter has been edited. Original post:

SUBJECT: Public Message to Mega Man
AUTHOR: DWN-023 "Spark Man"
DATE: September 19, 20XX
FORMAT: Video + Annotations

This video message, according to the accompanying documentation, was submitted to CPS Television Network by an unidentified source with a request to play it back during a news broadcast. CPS staff reviewed the message and decided it was reasonably safe and sufficiently newsworthy, so this recording was played during primetime news on September 19, 20XX. A second annotation, dated later, retroactively identifies DWN-023 "Spark Man" as the source.

Several robots are standing together, but the most noteworthy among them is an orange robot with a bulky, angular design reminiscent of an automotive spark plug. The other robots are of varying designs, but one common feature across all of them is the angry glare that each levels at the camera.

Spark Man starts the message, shouting, "What were you thinking, Mega Man? Are you TRYING to start a war?"

There are grunts of agreement among the robots, and a blue and black one raises his own voice accusingly. "You made us lose our jobs!"

"We didn't do anything!" another robot exclaims. "One day, I was fine. The next day I was being chased away by people calling me a Robot Master! But I'm not!"

A fourth robot joins in. "Lots of robots everywhere are being accused of being Wily creations! And it's all because Light Labs told everyone that there are Robot Masters on the loose!"

"And there's nothing we can do to defend ourselves," the next robot adds, "because of COURSE Robot Masters are going to say whatever Dr. Wily tells them to say!"

"Now everyone's got to live in fear that they're going to be the next one getting kicked out on these accusations!" The last robot doesn't yell his line as loudly, but the others all shout their solidarity.

"So even if there ARE Robot Masters out there, Mega Man," Spark Man takes the lead again, "well, congratulations! You've done more damage than they have! You've caused chaos! You've sown discord! And it's US working robots that get to suffer for it while you get you get to call yourself a hero! If THIS is how YOU fight for everlasting peace, then... Stop helping!"

The robots all cheer as the recording comes to an end.

SUBJECT: Backlash Against Mega Man
AUTHOR: Plum, CPS Television Network
FORMAT: Video

"You've just seen a message sent to us by an anonymous group of robots. They clearly have a complaint about the call to us a few days ago from a source allegedly at Light Labs.

"This message comes at a time where humans and robots alike are understandably tense. To many it seems like the world was just starting to recover from the terror attacks when the threat of another one arose without warning. The suggestion that there may be Robot Masters among us has set off a panic in some areas, and newer robots that can't provide evidence of their manufacture and ownership history are in some cases being ejected from their roles. Many of those displaced have expressed fear of being shut down.

"I can't help but to have some sympathy, and the witch hunts are certainly taking things too far, but I'm not sure it's fair to put the blame on Mega Man for it.

"Light Labs had no comment on the video itself, but they reassured us that they are doing their best to track the actual Robot Masters out there and that the situation is under control. Mega Man likewise refused to make a personal comment.

"We here at CPS Television Network would like to encourage our viewers to remain calm and avoid jumping to conclusions. We will keep you informed of the news as it develops."

SUBJECT: Robot Master Tracking Status
AUTHOR: Thomas X. Light
FORMAT: Plain Text

Attempts to find a generalized energy signature for Robot Masters has so far been unfruitful. Working with the energy signatures in my database, I have been able to detect six Robot Masters. Two of these can be trivially identified as Rock and Roll. One matches the telemetry Rock picked up when he met Snake Man. Two more match Robot Masters from the attack earlier this year. The final match is inconclusive, as it doesn't precisely align with any of the signatures on record.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-24-2018, 01:24 AM Reply With Quote