View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #19  
Christoval nodded a few times and forced a smile on his face, the young man reaching up to itch the back of his head. The most he heard learned about magic came from Wisp, and well. Receiving things from the gods and such were most definitely what he was taught about spellcasting. "Wisp always told me whispering to gods and shit for power was a joke, and that it came from force of will alone. I wonder which of you two are right then. Maybe both of you." He sputtered out. "Well, yeah. Eyes open. Mind open. That's uaully what I say to myself to make sure I fight well. I mean...I know a sword can't beat everything." He grumbled, patting his legs for a moment, "But I know for sure it'll at least cause a problem for even the toughest people."

Once Kastivi went off to get drinks, Wips looked over at the blustered and awkward looking knight and snickered, wriggling her fingers at him and perking a brow. "I would have taken you more for the Halfling. You have a thing for mentor-figures." She quipped, turning a page in a book, only to watch the knight close the back end of her tome; making her lose her page. Christoval frowned and flared his nostrils at the dark mage. "C'mon. You can at least be nice to the people we're traveling with." He huffed, crossing his arms and then closing the book again when she tried to open it. "I'll report you to the guild if you keep acting up. From what I know I'm gone, and it's the final strike in your record."

Wisp glowered at him and clenched a fist, before pointing in the direction Kastivi was heading. "You. Go now. Help her get drinks, and pray to whatever god you like that come tomorrow when we spar, you don't end up getting your life sucked out and fed to imps."

Christoval returned the glower with a dejected sigh and dragged himself along the way towards the Daughter-to-be; giving Wisp a few precious moments of peace to herself - Wisp letting out a grunt and recrossing her legs, before tossing the book she was reading in her own knapsack, and then moving over to peer into Christoval's.

"The idiot forgot to pack his rations again..."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 01-28-2018, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote