View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #7  
Zentha squeezed her eyes shut feeling herself being lifted from the ground, roots slithering up her bodice and she kicked her legs trying to break free. She'd come into contact with dryads before, and more often than not they were kind, even going so far as to feed her. That would have been nice, wouldn't it? Now, she was struggling, and she let herself get caught in the roots by believing dryads to be peaceful. “Z-Zentha!” she said, gasping. Air! She needed air! She grasped at the roots around her throat, trying desperately to wrench herself from them, but she was a person of stealth more than strength and she couldn't budge. “That's---that's my name...I know...I'm just—just a traveler!”

The more she struggled, the tighter the roots seemed to get. So this is how I die. An embarrassing mistaking of a feral creature for a peaceful one...and now I get to die for it. She wasn't giving up though, however fruitless her endeavors seemed to be and she continued to kick her legs, attempting to bring them up and plant them against the creature's chest to push away, but again, it was met with nothing.How...embarrassing, she thought as she started to lose consciousness.
Old Posted 12-31-2017, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote