View Single Post
Developer
SUBJECT: Security Footage - Robot Warehouse (4)
AUTHOR: Dr. Albert Wily
DATE: July 2, 20XX
FORMAT: Holovid + Telemetry with attachments

Five Robot Masters have fallen in the brawl. Three remain: Heat Man, Bubble Man, and Wood Man. Mega Man himself is looking worse for wear, his armor battered, punctured, and partially melted. But Mega Man stands firm and fearless. Heat Man's aura dies back a bit as Mega Man's confidence fights back against his fear, but the Robot Master starts charging another flaming dash.

Mega Man jumps on another Item-2, rocketing over Heat Man's head towards Wood Man. Heat Man unleashes his attack, blazing across the room. Wood Man has been prepared for this possibility for the entire fight, though, and he jumps over the jet of fire, hurling his Leaf Shield at Mega Man in the process.

Although Mega Man too successfully avoids Heat Man's attack, the Leaf Shield clips him, embedding one of the plates in his leg. He tumbles to the ground in front of Bubble Man, who jumps in surprise but regains enough of his composure to open fire on the prone hero.

Flashing indicators in the telemetry displays show that Mega Man's armor is in critical condition. But even in the face of certain defeat, Mega Man continues on. He equips the Bubble Lead and jogs away from its original wielder, servos whining and grinding as they strain against the damage.

Heat Man powers up again, wreathing himself in an even bigger fireball than before. He doesn't even lower his shield. His voice cracks, a distorted digital edge to it as he bellows, "You're still MOVING? Apparently I didn't turn the heat up far enough! You should be afraid, Mega Man, because if my reactor melts down, we ALL die, and this fortress goes down with it!"

"You're mad! That would kill Dr. Wily, too!" Wood Man intervenes, using his Leaf Shield to slice open one of the pipes to the fire suppression system, and clouds of foam come spewing down from the ceiling over the four remaining robots.

The fireball engulfing Heat Man shrinks back, but the foam hisses and boils away before it can smother it at the source. Bubble Man hardens his eyes, pushing himself into action, his flippers slapping against the floor. "Heat Man, I have to stop you! If you don't self-destruct, then Dr. Wily has a chance to win! Mega Man is almost destroyed! Wood Man and I are... we've gotta be strong enough to take him down like this!"

"You can't stop me, Bubble Man! Your power is useless! You're too weak! And what's Wood Man going to do? He'll burn before anyone else here!"

Heat Man's head shield suddenly snaps shut, struck from behind by one of Quick Man's legs. Wood Man pulls back from the throw and uses his Leaf Shield to try to push more of the suppression foam up against the fireball. Mega Man and Bubble Man both start rolling Bubble Leads into the soggy mess while Heat Man is blinded, with each bursting ball of water extinguishing a little more of the flames until Mega Man can push through.

Mega Man switches weapons, equipping the Air Shooter and throwing Heat Man into the air with a trio of tornadoes. Heat Man lands on his back, his shield snapping off at the hinge from the impact, and Bubble Man surges with hope, encasing Heat Man in a giant bubble reinforced with blue light. When the bubble collapses, the room shakes with a deafening bang, and Heat Man's flames go out as his reactor is torn apart into pieces too small to sustain a chain reaction.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-20-2017, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote