View Single Post
기다려
Default   #63  
The Korean movie 'Method'. It had largely polarized audience reactions and the only critic response I could find was negative... but I'm going to go as far as to say that it's one of my favourite movies of all time. It awed me. The ending is what disappointed so many people, however the ending is what blew my mind. I loved the acting, the aesthetic, the soundscore, and the story (which went from rare-quality BL... to fave BL ever with that ending, in the process having me throw several personal parameters of what makes a good BL out the window.

Parts of it are more accessible if there's some familiarity with the basics of how the k-pop industry works, and also with Asian BL. The former gives a clue to the character of Youngwoo in the film and, in the process, a clue to the ending (that can probably be seen only in hindsight anyway, though.) The latter might mislead because there were a couple of identifiable BL tropes, but like I've implied, this is far from a traditional BL and needs to be watched with none of the associated expectations (OH. BUT. There are some realllyyyy hot kisses >///< which is rare for BL, so hallelujah to that.)

Also there's been a lot of debate on whether it's BL or not. Rest assured, it IS BL. If y'all want to discuss on this further, hit me up after watching it and I'll tell you why

Anyway. It should be watched, because while you might hate it, you might love it (all the people I've come across who loved it thought it was a masterpiece, haha.)

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 12-16-2017, 01:32 PM Reply With Quote