View Single Post
Two Fish
Default   #15  
The nurse copped an attitude with the blonde, Josef. She chose not to respond to his curt responses, instead looking to Rin, Ashi and Drishe with her responses. When her eyes rolled over to Josef, she snarled unintentionally and pulled away quickly. "They may seem healthy, but the radiation has a clever way of disguising itself. It'll hit you hard, and you will change." She sighed a deep painful breath. Rin had to wonder how much they would change, and if perhaps the nurse had witnessed it first hand. "It changes your DNA, mixes it up. Most don't survive." She shook her head, finishing Rin's vitals and moving to Drishe.

Drishe was curious, intently trying to imagine how the sickness worked. She sat down without much guidance, besides the now open seat. The nurse began pumping her arm too. Rin could only assume that he was fine, since the nurse had nothing to say to him. "Most? Do some make it out okay? Is there a cure?" Drishe perked a brow, looking up at the nurse as she continued to pump her arm. The nurse choked up a bit before releasing another sigh.

"Yes. Some do make it out. But I wouldn't say they're okay. They can grow extra limbs, scales in certain area, and some say they can develop strange abilities. When it - when it happened to Douglas..." She began to choke up again, holding down tears. "When it happened to Douglas, I couldn't even tell who he was anymore. Its like it takes over your mind... Your soul..." Her eyes hollowed, staring into space for a moment before releasing Drishe and motioning for Ashi to sit next.

"Well, how do you check for it?" Rin was curious how his new friends would be treated in the process.

"Bloodwork. But also - the afflicted will usually get a small hive breakout in their armpits and crotch area. It has a unique arrangement. It usually appears before the changes happen." She forced an awkward smile.

"So is there anything that can prevent the sickness from progressing?" He pressed the woman further, Drishe clinging to his arm. Rin shoved her off, but she was just so curious about this new age disease.

"Some say vampire blood will help." She laughed cookily. "Yeah right, as if vampires even have blood. Hell, some are desperate for any supernatural blood. Doesn't make sense to me." She shook her head, a disappointed laugh falling from her chapped lips. After finishing with Ashi, she motioned for Josef, finally giving him eye contact and a warm-ish smile. Her arms were saggy, her face was too, but she looked warm and huggable. Rin wondered if the sags under her eyes were due to recent events. She had an aura of disdain which seemed to coat the entire facility. After Josef was done, she marked quick notes on her clipboard.

"Alright, you all look good. Gonna take you guys to a room back here and I'm going to talk to each of you individually and check you out. You'll get gowns and I'll also take some blood." She forced another smile and allowed the group an exchange of glances before guiding them towards the back of the facility. She led them into a room which had about ten cots, each separated with a sliding curtain. "Take your pick. Change, and I'll be back in just a few to finish up with you guys." Each cot had a dingy looking gown on it. Rin took one furthest back and began changing without shame. He was undressed and dressed so quick that the woman hadn't time to leave.
Old Posted 10-04-2017, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote