View Single Post
Two Fish
Default   #7  
Rin was frustrated, beads of sweat rolled down his forehead and around his goggles. As they got closer to the pulsing light of a new habitat, his goggles became more useful. At the point they stood now, he could track almost thirty people. "I don't think any of you understand. And I'm surprised that you, Josef, don't know how this works." Rin growled, lacking nicotine and any patience he might've had at one point.

"He must be a man who knows what he wants." Drishe joked, her voice turning deep and sultry for added effect. Rin rolled his eyes.

"Yes, he does. He's the one who sent out the bounty for the hive leader, Elizabeth. He is the one who will pay us, and he will have every reason to accommodate us. Plus, he's my brother." He stated matter-of-factly, continuing to move forward.

"Huh, you never told us about your family life. Older, I'm guessing?" Drishe floated next to him, prodding for answers. Honestly, she didn't care that much, just wanted to find a place to lounge.

"I'm just leaving it at that. He's my brother. We were never really close." Val was good at his job. It wasn't good to get attached in a position like his. As a professional bounty hunter, and a kingpin, Val was very powerful. He was also a weasel in Rin's book. He always found his ways to survive off of the suffering of others. But if you were on his good side, you were safe and paid well. After killing off his huge bounty, plus all their cronies, it was only fair to get paid back. Rin knew that Val would kill to preserve his position, he also knew that Val would reward Rin for his loyalty in great sums. And at some point, Rin might be the new target. He knew how this worked.

Slimy weasel...

"Electric fence." Drishe pointed ahead. "I don't know how far they'll let us go in..." She whispered over her shoulder to Ashi. "Worst comes to worst, I will protect you." She reached her hand back, behind her cycling hips. She hoped to touch Ashi's fingers in confirmation. It was her job after all.

Two men. Scrappy clothes, big guns. Drishe wasn't too worried.

Rin lifted up his hand "Wait, let me go ask. I'll be right back. You guys be my eyes for now." He made sure to make eye contact with Josef. For the first time all day, Drishe nodded in agreement. She placed her hands on Ashi's shoulders and leaned on her softly.
Old Posted 09-17-2017, 07:33 PM Reply With Quote