View Single Post
Forward Thinker
College is not a bad thing.

If you don't know what you want to do with yourself, well, you should probably stick with a state school of some kind, so that you're not paying absurd amounts of money for it all.

But where ever you go, college has a few important benefits:

Having a degree, any degree, does in fact help a bit with acquiring jobs places. Might be irrelevant overall, but...

College itself is an experience. Something you won't really have much of an opportunity to do later in life. If you can manage going now, do it. What major? I think you can be undeclared for a year or two... I was doing engineering stuff, so I wasn't. But it is a thing.

Why go? Well, for fun. And learning. A lot of degrees will, admittedly, get you fuck all, but you'll still learn from actually going to class and doing things, and you'll likely have lots of experiences you wouldn't otherwise get.

Once it's all done with, perhaps you'll have figured out what you want to do as a job, perhaps you haven't...but really. A degree does not pidgeon hole you into something. You can still do whatever, but perhaps there will be more opportunities than with just a high school diploma.

(Unless you got a philosophy degree, then lol, good luck.)
Old Posted 12-11-2016, 12:36 PM Reply With Quote