View Single Post
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #11  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4ghlgxmjs

ovo he shows you how to properly fillet an aloe leaf (their aloe grow so big down in florida.. so jelly)

But yea, you got to remove the Aloin (yellow stuff) the clear gel inside is what's healthy for you. You can buy jugs of it at the store except most places dilute the gel so its not as healthy as a freshly harvested leaf.

Also freezing leaves isn't a good idea. if you want to freeze aloe, remove the gel first.

---

Yea I just remembered Zeke eats tape so I can't use tape (just caught him chewing on the tape of a box that came today) Dx

The cats aren't eating the aloe, they are sitting on it and skishing it D8 skish skish

since I live in an apartment, a bookshelf won't help cause it wouldn't get any sunlight, we aren't allowed hanging plants near the window in case the plant thing swings and breaks the window.

I also don't want to put wire or mesh around it.. mainly because the oldest plant is the biggest and the mesh/wire could cause damage to the leaves. The leaves are the most fragile part. When Aloe is damaged, it will heal itself by sealing off that section of leaf meaning it no longer will get water thus less gel and it looks terrible.

I'm waiting for a few of those aloe to grow a few more leaves just so I can prune the ones the cats had already damaged by knocking the plants down when they were in the old containers.

Also Can't have a greenhouse, apartment is too small, and if we put the plants outside the kids would destroyed them (our windows can't be opened to put them on the window ledge and if we forced them open, we'd get kicked out.

Which is why i'm looking for home made cat repellents that won't hurt the cats but just make them stay away from the plant box.

The tape was a good idea... but zeke eats tape.. I read a blog about putting rocks with sharp edges in the plant box.. but I don't want them cutting their paws ;-;

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 08-11-2016, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote