View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Default   #11  
"You say that like I've been rude to you before. Surely you must be mistaken, a lady of my station is trained in all matters of etiquette and propriety." Tsae checked the careful pinning of her hair to emphasize the point.

Before Syrgei could respond, however, there was a loud crash from the first floor -- loud enough to cut through the din of the celebration -- and suddenly the sound of raised voices and people moving very quickly down below.

"Yeah," she clarified, "I'm not staying here a second longer than I have to. Whatever you were supposed to keep from happening just happened, pretty sure."

She turned to dart down the stairs and fade into the clamor, only to immediately throw herself back around the corner as a concussive gun blast blew a hole through the wall behind the stairs. She'd only caught a brief glimpse of him, a large man in a yellow scarf and wide-brimmed hat, wielding the biggest rifle she'd ever seen.

Trying to control her startled breathing, she made panicked eye-contact with Syrgei, vainly trying to impart some kind of plan to him in the precious seconds they had..

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 07-09-2016, 02:53 AM Reply With Quote