View Single Post
It's ALIVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggio View Post
:O What is so bad about Earwigs? Why you gotta hate on da 'wigs YO! They seem relatively harmless to a lot of bugs.
Because as a kid (5 years old) I picked up a scrub brush to clean my parents demolition cars and apparently disturbed an entire nest living on/near it that was crawling up and down my arm and in my shirt and shoes and everywhere
It was more then horrific.
And they can fly. And their wings are in the shape of a human ear, but that isn't where their name is derived from either.
The modern word “earwig” comes from an Old English term, earwicga, a compound of words for ear and an insect of some sort.
An etymology note in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (5th ed.) says wicga, the second part of the Old English word, is a member of the same family of words that has given us “wiggle” and “wag.”

I know they don't crawl in ears (at least not anymore then other bugs like beetles, roaches, and spiders) but it is the kind of thing that I see one and instantly scream and run away or out the house until someone else deals with it.

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-17-2016, 11:03 AM Reply With Quote