Thread: Vampiric Kiss
View Single Post
It's over 9000!
Default   #37  
"There's plenty of people who know me, you forget I publish to the medical journal, sending copies to the bookstore and library. So to them I'm a famous person who mostly stays home." The young man doesn't say anything as Isaac explains, only a warm smile on his face. Then he says loudly enough for any passerby to hear, "I wish I could join you out on the street, sadly because of my health I can't be out in the direct sun, but way don't you rest a bit in here. I take it you've seen my local journal then since you recognize me?"

"Yes sir! Your biography mentioned you have a skin condition where you get terrible sun burns from being in the sun for even a few minutes! Must be awful, I wouldn't be able to live that way if it were me." Isaac closes the door after the young man, the curtain on the door obscuring what's really going on in the carriage. He rolls up the sleeves of the shirt so that the upper arm is exposed, then takes out a letter opener and makes a cut perpendicular to the veins to prevent the teenager from bleeding out.

"What does your family do? Have you been thinking of going to the medical field? You seem to know a lot about me."

"My father and brothers are all farmers, but I'm allergic to onions, so I can't work the fields. Your journals are actually how I found out I was allergic, you listed some of the common symptoms which I had most of them. My family couldn't figure out for years why I was sick. I even read the journals of the men you mentioned before in your bio that inspired you, you have a very similar writing style to them, so they must have influenced you a lot." Isaac is watching Faye carefully, placing his hand on her shoulder to signal her to stop.

"What do you do then? Seems odd for one who's family are farmers to be in town."

"Ah, I get that a lot actually. My mom sells flowers she grows in her garden in town as bouquets that people can decorate their table with, and for a decent price too. I help out with that and running the stall."

"Hm...maybe I could have you both come by some time then and have a look at my garden. Faye normally takes care of it, but I think its a bit much for her to do, and right now is probably not a good time for her to be doing that, what with how easily people can get sick this time of year." He had been meaning to get someone to tend the garden now and again, his garden might not be as big as what other nobles had, but it wasn't small either.

Old Posted 01-24-2016, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote