Thread: Megaman remiX
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #3  
I really, really like elements. I like having elements to strategy when it comes to gearing up that go beyond "pick the biggest numbers." I wouldn't drop them, though I might change how they work.

I would keep enemy drops but supplement them with stuff you can buy from shops. Rarity can be dropped as an explicit thing; if you want something to be rare for game balance purposes, make it expensive or hard to find.

You might consider dropping the level-up aspect entirely, or you might just have them gain experience as you use them / fight battles / take damage / whatever. If you do drop the level-up aspect you'll need to have various tiers over the course of the game to give the player upgrades.

Come up with your own list of skills that make sense in the context of your own game.

I like the idea of having the skills include conditional bonuses or penalties and I would consider preserving that and possibly even expanding on it.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-26-2015, 02:23 PM Reply With Quote