View Single Post
Forward Thinker
Default Let's talk about posting rewards   #1  
Hey guys!

Lately, I've been thinking about the posting patterns of Trisphee, and what it looks like to a newbie.

Namely, we rarely get people posting new threads, so it kind of looks like doing that is discouraged (which it most certainly isn't!).

So! I got to thinking about ways to encourage people to post more, make more threads, and generally have a wider variety of things to peruse.

I talked with the Staff some about several ideas, and now I wanna see what everyone would like to see on this topic.

So!

My idea is to give additional posting rewards to users, once a day (telling them they get these rewards, of course). The exact numbers of what earns the rewards would need to be decided still, of course, but the gist is:

You get a reward for posting in a number of different threads in a day.

You get another reward for having a number of different users post in your thread, with a minimum post length (so, no thread of just "bump").

For the created-thread rewards, there'd be a cap on how much you can get from a given thread, so if you happen to make a thread that's existed as long as, say, Jibber-Jabber, you wouldn't keep reaping the rewards. There would also be, I think, a limit to how many different threads will give you rewards at once.

Another idea put forth, that could also work, is to have a super-low chance item grant (actually, a collection of items that are, at present SOOPER SEEKRET) on posting, so the only way to earn them would be to post a lot.

What kinds of rewards are we talking about for adding things? Aurum is a possibility, of course, but we don't want to have too much of that handed out. Makes a bit of a Gaia problem if you do.

We have a few additional minigame type things in the works, to go along with the Crane Game. Once those are ready, an idea is to make them all use the Pandora Tokens that Crane Game currently uses, and instead of just giving you 3 a day, make those be the additional posting rewards.

My question to you, wonderful users of Trisphee, is what would you like to see in regards to posting rewards? And general activity, of course.
Old Posted 11-14-2015, 06:02 PM Reply With Quote