View Single Post
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default Help/Advice for Dolly (All Opinions Wanted!)   #1  
So, a while ago I got it into my head that I would start publishing some half-assed literature to make a little bit of money on the side. The book I'm working on at the moment was going to be a throwaway romance novel set in a unique fantasy world (because I don't give much of a crap about the romance aspects, but I didn't want to hate my own story completely). However, as I wrote, I abandoned the romance part of it almost completely and the plot has become something much more intricate than I'd originally intended. I have ideas for where I want it to go, but it involves social, psychological, and (for some reason) economic facets that, frankly, I am just not intelligent enough to flesh out in a way that makes sense. I still wanted to add in romance, but it would end up being a much darker part of the story than I'd planned. At this point, I'm so unsure about where to go with it that I've stopped writing completely, and that leaves me with an unsettling empty feeling in my stomach.

Wow, that was a bit of a ramble. Anyway, I guess what I'd like to know from everyone else is: What would you do in my situation? Would you go back to the beginning and redo the whole thing, or keep going and try to make all of the pieces fit together somehow? Would you dumb it down and maybe make more of a profit, or challenge yourself and risk creating a big glob of nonsense? Or maybe there are other options you'd consider?

Discuss! Share! Any and all opinions are welcome!
Old Posted 10-07-2015, 08:08 PM Reply With Quote