Thread: Show By ROCK!!
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #1  
Think of a cross between Puzzle and Dragons (one leader, four subs, one friend; active and leader skills; stamina that refills over time and when you level up; evolution that requires collecting rare materials; a set of dungeons that end in bosses; three currencies -- friend, coins, and gems; separate gacha machines for friend points and gems; collaboration events with other games and anime; a free-play dungeon with no rewards; bonus rewards for the first time you clear stuff; daily XP-material dungeons; etc.) and... Rock Band (the mobile version, with three tap sensors).

Unfortunately the reason I don't expect the thread to go very far in discussion is that it's Japanese-only and installing it without sideloading it (like I did) is a serious pain in the butt (iOS) or impossible (Android).

But still... I am having a *LOT* of fun with it. I've been playing Deemo a lot lately so I've already gotten my touch-screen rhythm game skills refined, so (once I got the audio calibrated correctly) it took a while before I came across a song that took me more than one attempt to get a full combo on (that is, never get anything less than a Good rating on a note).

I think Show By Rock!! might have slightly more forgiving timing windows than most rhythm games, though; I've gotten several Master Combos so far (that is, never get anything but Perfect ratings on notes) and I've never done that in any rhythm game before in my life, not even on easy songs.

EDIT: Oh yeah. There's also an anime!
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-28-2015, 10:08 PM Reply With Quote