View Single Post
Derp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Indeed. That is the trick. Everybody needs a niche, and "avatar site" is not really a good definition.

Truth be told, i'm not sure what Trisphee's thing should be beyond that. We have the story and events, which are cool... But I'm not sure it's enough.
I may have an idea, but it's a bit of a long shot.

A webcomic, but the unique focus of it being that it's userbase driven. Most other avvy sites that have story comics just...sort of use them as a means to an end to get items out. They got the NPCs, and stuff, and then us who just...sort of follow along as outsiders. Means to an end. With this, think...an end to the means.

The point I'm making is, the users (staff and every other folk) actively participate and shape the story and comic. In that regard, rather than advertising the site as just another avatar site, you showcase it as an interactive webcomic. Register, make an avvy, and you got the potential to be a character. No matter how big or small. Puts a good deal of potential towards some fourth wall breakage as well.

From what I can see, this idea is far from impossible. Just by looking at the banner, I know we have a talented artist or two on board. And from peeking at the story section, we got decent writers to boot. The only question at hand is commitment.
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 02:26 PM Reply With Quote