View Single Post
Cage
I was there when they pushed out that horrible horrible survey and claimed it was a "mistake in editing". I think, with the amount of 13 year olds ( and anyone else ) who were totally traumatized by it, that could have drawn the line for many. I'd imagine there were quite a few people who were probably deeply effected by that crap, and then they somehow thought it would be okay to rename the options and send it out again. For, what I apparently hear, is an 18+ sister site the new CEO is making. I guess sending out a survey with half naked people asking for what body type you're attracted to and what body type you are, is appropriate for a site that allows children on it. Righto. ( I'm not being a prude here, but I'm saying with society, that ain't gonna fly one bit. I'm surprised there hasn't been any lawsuit yet from a horrified parent with their traumatized teen that now has even worse body image issues and even lower self confidence after that. )
Everyone already knew what they had named the options as a "joke" before, as well. Everyone's seen it on 4chan - and when it's ripped from 4chan, you KNOW it's disgusting in some way - so that really just shot them in the leg a bit more.

But not even the $10 items bother me, it's the items that they think people will pay $50-$150 for EACH that miff me off. And they pelt people with those ads EVERY DAY while the gold shop MIGHT get a TEENY update every 3-4 months. Now there's "Club Verge". Heavy cash shoppers now have a haughty-taughty highclass club they can get into.. for an avi site. Who in this economy has that kind of money? Not even free to play MMORPGs do it THIS badly. They're cash-shopping the events now too. Cash shoppers have a major upper hand in it since they can buy all sorts of crap to boost them in the cash shop, while the gold shop has two potions - heal 5 energy. heal 5 health. Which cost 1k each.

No, gaia. No.

When it comes to the cash shop stuff, this is almost exactly how TinierMe was run, if not a little worse. And look what happened to them.

Unfortunately I have to use it because my guild has all my one-on-one rps in it, super-private and well organized. But that's all I use it for.

EDIT: For those that don't know about the survey table they flipped, there were two images in particular they snatched from 4chan describing different body types with words like "Skinnyfat" "fat as fatass" "whale" "anorexic", etc. One was for males, one for females, all of them half naked and shamed. And the options were typed in with the same insults. So their staff had actually went through and typed those things in, not just snatched the images without editing them. And then after renaming them as "1,2,3" and so on, they sent it back out, asking everyone what body type they were, and what they were attracted to.
Idk about anyone else but.. that's a bit personal.
I'm not even mentioning the fact that they stole fanart of catwoman without giving credit, and then claimed they had permission the second time they sent it out.

Edit again: Also, I honestly would not want the gaian community flooding over here. You know how many assholes and trolls are there" +shudder+ I don't want our close knit family to be destroyed D':
Last edited by Meizicht; 11-02-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old Posted 11-02-2013, 10:23 AM Reply With Quote