View Single Post
Goddess Of Mercy
Default At a loss for what to do and think... (Sort of mature?)   #1  
So about a month and a half ago, I was introduced to a really great guy through one of our mutual friends. He's smart, funny, kind, caring, honest, and sweet. We hit it off really well, and after a mild freak out on his side, we began dating. Everything was good for about two weeks, until he randomly decided to start back peddling again... This time, worse than the last. He called me and started telling me that he's sorry for leading me on, but that he doesn't think this relationship can work because of how he is "dead inside" and "can't feel any emotions" and that my "feelings will never be returned". I started to break down, so I handed the phone to my brother, who began to talk to him. He told him that "for the first time, you fell in love with someone, of course you're going to have doubts and worries", to which he replied "yeah, I guess you're right..." which, basically, admits that he has fallen in love with me, such as I have. I've been spending the better part of a week trying to make him see that all the things he says are not true, but he refuses to accept any of it, and continues repeating the same things to me. He adds on top that I "don't deserve this shit" and that "I'm too nice for this shit". He has also gone as far as saying that "even if he could be 'saved', he's not worth it". Now, I understand that he is 23, never had a girlfriend (every girl he has ever felt something for has lead him on and then turned their back on him), and is still a virgin. He also admitted (to someone else, again), that he thinks we're moving too fast... However, I told him that we didn't have to do anything that made him uncomfortable, and the most we've done is make out and he got blow jobs from me. So naturally, I know that he's going to be afraid. But everything that's happening just makes no sense. He has proved, on multiple occasions, that he does indeed care and have emotions. I ended up overdosing on some medication a couple days ago, and when he found out, he betrayed his words by showing that it upset him. He also betrays his words every time we're together in person, because he's always hugging me, kissing me, cuddling with me, laughing, smiling, and happy. I just really don't know what to do. He has such a shitty view of himself, and can't see how absolutely wonderful he is. He refuses to listen to anything I say, and insists on lying to me and denying what he feels about me... I don't know what else I can do. I don't know how to handle this... I miss him so much and love him so dearly, that it's impossibly painful to not have a good morning text from him every morning to wake up to, or be able to wish him sweet dreams at night. I miss his voice, his touch, everything. I guess I just needed to vent some more about this... No amount of venting seems to be helping, but I need to get this off my chest... Advice is loved but not required... <3
R.i.P MoM ~ I Love You, Always
[♥] Nov.26.2010 [♥]
Old Posted 11-20-2012, 01:32 PM Reply With Quote