Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Media (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Pronunciation? xD (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5079)

Sushi 05-29-2011 11:09 AM

Pronunciation? xD

When you're listening to a song, and really digging it, do you try to sing along and then stop abruptly? Why? Because the artist just pronounced the word completely different than how you do? xD

Happens to me occasionally. Not that they're wrong, or that I'm right, but I wonder if they sing it like that so it goes better with the rythym or if that's how they actually say it.

I live along the Ohio river in the Northern part of Kentucky, United States. I know we don't say everything with the "right pronunciation", but isn't it interesting to see tiny difference in music like this?

Suzerain of Sheol 05-29-2011 01:31 PM

I run into that sometimes, but most of the music I listen to is Scandinavian metal of various kinds, so I attribute it to the singer's accent and not speaking English natively (though they still sing in it, which is kind of amusing).

Ashley 05-29-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

I live along the Ohio river in the Northern part of Kentucky, United States. I know we don't say everything with the "right pronunciation", but isn't it interesting to see tiny difference in music like this?
First of all, that's almost exactly where I live. Cept not right by the river.

Besides that sometimes I think a singer is actually saying something different then what they're really saying. Then when I find out what they actually said I'm usually surprised because I never would have thoguht they were saying that XD.

Sushi 05-29-2011 01:46 PM

Lol, I live in suburban Louisville. I get it's not directly along the river, but I could easily drive down town and see it.

But yeah, I understand. I try to say it like that and then chuckle at myself.

Echo-chan713 05-29-2011 02:26 PM

Colorado doesn't have those pronoucitation accents but I lived in New York and I still have the accent with me.

In the York, 'o's are pronounced like 'aw' so instead of pronouncing 'dog' yorkers pronounce 'dawg'.

Orange becomes 'Arange' (a is a low tone)

Water is low key tone in the 'wa' so you get 'wawter'

It's easier to say it than to type it down oTL.

People in Colorado love the New York accent and I don't know why.

Sushi 05-29-2011 06:25 PM

Lol, people from up North say my "Southern" accent is actually really under control but slips when I say a few words. Like spider. xD

Or Salt. But that's not exactly country but Maine-ish/British. lolz I say "Solt." haha. My grandma was from Maine so I used to say my A's funny cause she taught me how to talk. For art, I would say aahh-tt"

Echo-chan713 05-29-2011 10:20 PM

My friend catches me saying it in my native tone and usually says along the lines of "did you just say dawg?".

Here in Colorado, when I'm mad, sad or in any extreme negative mood, my native accent comes out.