Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central Square (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   favorite music (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21966)

Ireland 09-23-2016 01:34 PM

favorite music

friday question time!

i was going to ask what your favorite song/band is, but i know tastes change.

so, what is currently your favorite band/song? i'm always looking to expand my music collection and tastes.

:p-tongue:

Coda 09-23-2016 01:51 PM

Right now I'm grooving on Zircon's "The Art of Zen" and trying to train Pandora to give me a playlist of songs like it... it's not working too well because Pandora keeps trying to come up with either aggressive techno or boring ambient trance when all I want is something uptempo, electronic, and in a major key... but the six skips per hour limit means that I run out of chances to tell it "no, THAT'S not what I want EITHER!" and have to give up for a while.

PartySkeleton 09-23-2016 09:00 PM

I like sad music...

Tas 09-24-2016 09:50 PM

lately I've been into Ghost (Swedish doom metal), Ancient Bards (Italian power metal), DJ Okawari (Japanese nu jazz), Crystal Castles (Canadian electronic), and the Glitch Mob (American electronic).

mdom 09-25-2016 03:53 PM

It's been such a long time since I heard anything new... lately I've been nostalgic and listening to hard rock from late 90s early 00s xD some pop from that era, too.

Poggio 09-25-2016 04:00 PM

When I get a chance I listen to gaming music and what I usually find on youtube. Which means I have been listening to extended verisons of undertale music.

As far as artist goes I have been listening to a lot of Porter Robinson and Susan Sandfor.

Quiet Man Cometh 09-29-2016 04:24 AM

Speaking of things changing, I'm actually going to attempt a clean itunes install on my comp (haven't updated it yet since getting this one) and just restart my library because it's so full of stuff that I just flat out don't care about anymore, and I end up skipping about 60%-70% of it when I have it on shuffle.

Here's a thought: As I've gotten older, the music I listen to is older. I don't mean it ages with me, I mean I listen to older stuff than what I generally grew up with. Might have something to do with the company I keep, I suppose. ;)

"S.O.B." came on the radio today. I love that song. :)
(yes, it stands for what you think it does.;)

Espy 09-30-2016 07:17 AM

Hm, I generally listen to instrumental/OSTs, and metal. Though in terms of what genres I like...it's a bit easier to list off genres that I /don't/ like.

Lawtan 09-30-2016 09:44 AM

I am more of instrumental, folk (story-telling), and OST person. Also like a bit of bohemian/riverboat music (I am not sure what it's called, but sea shanties, Voltaire, and French and the Punk have that twang.)
Metal I like if the lean is more instrumental than vocal.

Tohopekaliga 09-30-2016 03:34 PM

If I had to pick a 'favorite' song of recent times, I suppose I'd say "The Raggle Taggle Gypsy" performed by The Chieftains.

I have successfully trained Pandora to give me music like that...originally the station was almost entirely instrumentals, now it's all stuff like that.

Jessibuns 10-14-2016 06:45 PM

I guess it depends on the genre.
So, i'll give you a few!!

Rock- Icon for Hire and I currently love their new song Demons.
Metal- In This Moment. Whore is a nice song, but honestly I love most of their music lmao.
Pop- Jessie J, again I love all her music lmao. her cover of Purple Rain is amazing though.
Singer/Songwriter- Nina Nesbitt. Babylon, Noserings and Shoestrings, Jessica and Stay Awake are some favorites.

I listen to way more genres, but this is all i'll post about

Rainbowfox Ari 10-15-2016 01:11 AM

Oh gods... my favorite music.
At the CURRENT moment, it would have to be the artist Simon Curtis - I've been starting to get into that style of music, so his stuff... actually is really good. I've had a channel on Spotify dedicated to him for about a month-and-a-bit now.

Ginger 10-25-2016 05:40 AM

Usually it's bands like Fleet Foxes, but I like just about anything except death metal and screamo.

XxXCrystal_SummerXxX 10-25-2016 11:27 AM

celine dion and celtic woman...though i get weird looks if i tell people that

lovelacedroses 10-27-2016 12:05 AM

I love pop and rock. No screaming music, though.

setsunaela 11-08-2016 01:08 AM

Lately I've been listening to a lot of kpop girl groups. Aoa, dalshabet, hello venus, sistar, exid.. That sort of stuff