Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trisphee Talk (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Feb '13 DI Discussion (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11672)

Alpha 02-02-2013 02:43 AM

Awww....Obbie is chained up now. Nice avi by the way Obbie!

Obbiesan 02-02-2013 02:59 AM

xD thanks its been this way for a bit haha x3 im modifying it

Alpha 02-02-2013 03:03 AM

*gestures to self* Well, I worked on this for a bit. I might modify it a bit later once I get some inspiration.

Obbiesan 02-02-2013 03:13 AM

xD well it looks good xD i do like the new undies from the RDI x3

Alpha 02-02-2013 03:16 AM

Hmmm.....haven't looked at it yet. Might have to consider it then...

Arikana 02-02-2013 03:17 AM

I like the modifications to your avatar, Obbie. :3

Espy 02-02-2013 03:25 AM

Just realized I look a bit bard-like. Definitely not my initial intention...

Alpha 02-02-2013 03:27 AM

Play us a tune then fine Espy! A melodious tune to which we can dance! *dances pre-emptively*

Arikana 02-02-2013 03:42 AM

If you're a bard, then where be your instrument, Espykins? :P

Tiva 02-02-2013 05:15 AM

Gallaby is a Gremlin?

Ashy 02-02-2013 07:41 AM

oh how i love sebby

Gallagher 02-02-2013 12:13 PM

Oh, Tiva. Why do you hurt me so bad.

Tiva 02-02-2013 01:06 PM

The Ears.... they remind me of it...

Espy 02-02-2013 01:20 PM

Hm. We need more bard-like items.

blackfoxette 02-02-2013 01:39 PM

i like them alot i like the hair from the troll one and i love about 4-5 of the poses in the other rune one =D

Arikana 02-02-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espy (Post 1483483)
Hm. We need more bard-like items.

We have a psaltery for starters. o3o Is that bard-like enough? :o

katyasha 02-02-2013 05:15 PM

Ok I don't see the Fisherking item are they going to release it later on?

Nexess 02-02-2013 05:26 PM

:I Yes, it's currently not finished, there was a minor delay. It was stated in the announcement though I believe...

silverygit 02-02-2013 07:01 PM

*fals into a pile of awesome new items* I especially love the tundra o.o;;;
but I love the requino too, so colourful and nice...*tries not to spend all her money on DIs* O.O I can't wait for the third one :3

Mizeria 02-02-2013 09:25 PM

While I love love love our artists with the most love a person can have....
I have some issues with Requiro. I really, truly, do.

Firstly, and most importantly in my mind. The items are far to girly.
Yes, we have been working had on this
(I know we have)
but honestly... Our guys NEED items..
So I still have an issue with that.

Secondly most of the poses make me think of other items I've seen before with some tweaks.
Looking through most of them they are mostly different.
Expect for a couple of them, which do REALLY resemble the other items I thought of when I looked at the item.

This is my honest opinion.
I thought you would all like to hear what I have to say, as that's what this thread is for.
So please, forgive me if this seems harsh or hurts feelings.
I know everyone worked very hard on ALL of the items.

Items I found extremely similar :

-Requiro Coat VS Corrupt Emissary Coat.
Yes, there are only so many ways to do a "COAT" item. But. Layering on top of one another, they are extremely close, even the flare.
SO, it landed itself on the list.
-Requiro Hair VS Lesallia's Hair
One is two-toned, one is not. One has a bigger loop, one has a smaller one. BUT, the over all hair looks the same.
- Requiro "sexy underwear" VS Solukino "under wear thing"
Solukino's looks more leather-y and thinker yes, but the straps are very similar and overall with the exception of the heart in the middle looks very similar.
- Requiro Underbust strap w/ beads VS Twisted Image Underbust strap w/ bead
Twisted image is a smaller version of basically the same item...

There were other items that didn't look as close as these but the Requiro item made me think of them first anyways.

I was honestly expecting something... more.

Its a "Lusty- Valentines Day Item"...
but really it just feels like a re-do of other items to me.

I love you guys, but I was let down with this item. I really was.

Unto the Tundra Troll...
I love the feel of this item.
It was well designed, and doesn't make me think of to many past items.
It does however match with the yearly theme.
Which is good, and bad.

I, personally, find fault with the horns
(I'm assuming that they are horns)
And with the "female" version of the hair.... it's going to be very had to layer, and looks like it was an after thought.

I also found myself wishing that the belt on the coat over the shoulder was a separate piece.
BUT, , I loved this item.
Its my favorite so far for Feb.

Thank you again to all of the art staff. And I'm sorry if my words came out to harshly.

An Idea:
It came to me a couple of days ago. Why don't we have one Male-based RDI and one Female-based RDI and then have the ADI a mix of both?
(have everything uni-sexed as always)

That way it may even out all of the issues we're having with mostly female items, and not enough male based items.

Coda 02-02-2013 09:39 PM

I'm not sure I support that idea. I think really it needs to be more a question of how we unisex items -- instead of just shaving a couple pixels off the hips and removing the curve from the chest, we need to make sure each DI has some poses that actively cater to our masculine population. It would suck to have the "girl" item for the month be the one with the theme I like.

Mizeria 02-02-2013 09:43 PM

I'm fine with that too.
It was an idea... because we really aren't doing a good job for our guys.
>.<;;

Rem 02-03-2013 12:18 AM

It would be more work -- not saying this as a deterrent, but just as a truth, for thought. If you have an item that has, say -- a dress-like garment as one of it's poses (I mean a clearly feminine dress) and you designed something to be the male equivalent of that, it'd be an entirely new pixel. I mean it can be done (as evidenced by some of the things MonMon has designed) it'd just be more pixeling and coloring work.

I don't disagree (in fact I do agree, I like that idea a lot) it'd just be trying to find the right mix of male pose, female pose, and what you'd want to keep and just shave a few pixels off of (as there are some poses in the DIs that work well simply unisexed.) Like finding that sweet spot -- I think settling on a set number of poses per DI would work to help the designers find that balance, idk. It always seems so arbitrary (although to be fair I don't actually count all the poses per DI so maybe it's always in the same general ballpark haha...)

As an aside, I am blown away by the design and pixeling of Requiro -- the intricacy is just amazing, and the coloring is as well, such unique colors. And those eyes -- in my opinion those are some of our best eyes available. I absolutely love the work of the item, I just wanted to say that. Though the item doesn't fit my personal tastes, I'd only wear two poses from it, the wings and eyes (but I do like those wings)

littl3chocobo 02-03-2013 12:27 AM

i am in favor of more masculine items as well, it is a little hard for me to dress more male without resorting to weapons and harsh colors and commons

Coda 02-03-2013 12:59 AM

I'm fully aware that it's complicated. My point is that the decision needs to be made in the design process, not in the pixeling process. When we come up with an idea for an item, we need to stop RIGHT THERE and decide how to include masculine poses. If we go through and design a dozen feminine poses and get them pixeled, who's going to want to make the item late by not starting on the masculine design process until THEN? It's going to be "we've got enough poses, ship the item." And that'll be the end of it.

The point about pixel-nudging for unisexing is valid -- and in fact the masculine-styled poses need to have poses that fit the female base, and vice-versa, because that's also a very important thing to have.

littl3chocobo 02-03-2013 01:04 AM

otherwise we have stuff like the lolita set right? only usable for one gender

Coda 02-03-2013 01:33 AM

It's actually okay for common sets to be single-gender, as long as we have some masculine sets in there too. Common sets aren't time-limited, they don't cost real-world money, and there's not a limit on how many of them are available. It's DIs that I'm worried about. (I'm happy to say that our current set of yearlies is nicely gender-neutral all around.)

littl3chocobo 02-03-2013 01:37 AM

ok, then more like twisted image which is a female exclusive monthly

Coda 02-03-2013 01:50 AM

*checks image previews* Yeah, that's a good example.

littl3chocobo 02-03-2013 01:56 AM

i liked some of our oldest ones like the solar kingdom though but it is an item with heavily drawn gender lines but it is a contained set with equel parts male and female

Mizeria 02-03-2013 01:59 AM

To be honest, I don't think the Requiro had any designs. I think it went straight to pixels. I could be wrong in this because I've been dealing with real life things and have been absent all month (mostly)

But I agree with Coda, it should be in the designs.
both male and female items are needed to make it useable for everyone.
AND I think it is a sound request since people are paying /real money/ for them.

Poggio 02-03-2013 02:12 AM

XD I try, but I must say I liked my tailored cuts so a lot of my male items that I design specifically for the male avatar end up looking feminine. OTL sorry. I think the star fleet is a perfect example of this and the trisphee birthday kimonos.

I've ask this before and I agree with rem I think monmon does the best job of it but what is a masculine item? The answer becomes looser clothing cuts and a vague idea of masculinity. Lets face it the design team is full of females that like to put sexy items out there for the public. I think I like the idea of one Male DI one female DI and one unisex one.

Though for me personally I need to do more research and get out of my box and stop thinking so single minded of mens fashion xD other wise we end up with the same military inspired male items.

Obbiesan 02-03-2013 02:26 AM

I had no problem with space fleet as it had some male poses or atleast it looked like it did. Requiro on the other hand while it has some poses looks mainly female now i did buy it for the poses i would use but i cant help feeling more could have been done with it for the males the other RDI i love for the hair, suspenders, belt, teeth, coat and pants. Requiro only has the undies, wings and gloves for me. The kicker is they all are very male or at the least very unisexed and even if its unisexed i still want it to look very MALE the coat in Requiro just doesn't seem that it doesn't shout male to me at all

Mizeria 02-03-2013 02:28 AM

What we need pogs is for our "MALE TRISPHEE PEEPS!" to speak up and tell us what to design
what they want
what they consider "MALE"
Cause... I'm a girl.. so lets face the facts k? I like my men topless. That cuts out the shirt in my mind all together xD
And the pants, I'm a "tripp" fiend. I love chains, spikes 'n and that baggyness. Or the exact opposite, skinny jeans.
OR finally, Suits.
My knees get weak seeing my man in a suit, and hell put that goofy smile on his face and I'm putty.

--I'm so useless on mens clothes its insane.

Ultima 02-03-2013 02:34 AM

-very much wants to design "male" items but don't know if they'll be good enough- x.x;

Mizeria 02-03-2013 02:36 AM

ulti baby if you design stuff send it to me or fen or galla or nex
XDD

male items = hearts !

Ultima 02-03-2013 02:45 AM

I will try o3o

Mizeria 02-03-2013 02:47 AM

YAY!
We have an UTLI!
*cheers on ulti*

Alpha 02-03-2013 03:18 AM

I'll be honest, granted my opinion is different from that of the typical male, I find that even those poses which a lot of people would called "feminine" are quite easily able to be incorporated into a male design. I've only done a female avi once, and I use items pretty much regardless of the gender they may have been "aimed at" or "intended for."

I enjoy both Requiro and Tundra Troll. Between the two, I actually see myself using Requiro more because of some of the poses integrating into what I normally use a bit better, but still using Tundra Troll because of the colors and some of the poses would be for specific "outfits."

silverygit 02-03-2013 08:31 AM

well I am a female but I prefer having a male avatar. I wish there were more masculine items such as coats, cargo pants, ...hmm I just realized that there are a lot of male items but that the focus is more on the design than actually making it gender-specific, I do like most items on here and I like spending my money on them too.

What I am trying to say is that it would be good to have a thread where this subject could be discussed, I must admit the hermaphrodite aspect of trisphee is what got me to come here because the pixel work is amazing (but especially the design aspect!)