Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Finding Your Art Style (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4944)

Duchess 05-20-2011 05:31 AM

Finding Your Art Style

Do you have an art style of your own... or do you mimic other popular styles like one of your favourite manga artist?

How important do you value having your own unique style? Or do you value the art of imitation more?

I personally believe finding a recognisable style to be something worth finding... but you cannot find it through force. It happens naturally as you practice more and more and experiment.

I don't think I have something completely recognizable yet. But there are some similarities amongst my works that make my art a bit recognizable.

NikkoGallarado 05-20-2011 06:38 AM

I learned a friends art style back in highschool then I learn to make my own watch other peoples art over the years use a little bit of that and little bit of this to make my own ask some people for tips. So in away it is important but at the same time not since I can't figure out how it is to look for me.

Duchess 05-20-2011 06:58 AM

I used to do Puff style... then Anime style... then Lisa Frank and style similar to that... I've tried sooo many things xD

i've honestly given up on finding it.. just drawing and something will come naturally

Ashy 05-20-2011 06:58 AM

my art is badly drawn stick figures, i also specialize in invisible drawings

Duchess 05-20-2011 06:58 AM

I love your stick figures Ashyyy x3

Alexander Linden 05-20-2011 11:17 AM

I think I had been mimicking for a while, but people tell me they recognize my style, so I suppose that means I have one?

Lucid: 05-20-2011 01:33 PM

but when Duchess draws things, I recognize itttt! <3
I think I'm getting closer to finding my style. I pick up bits and pieces from art that I like, and mush them together. but my style is still developing and changing, so I'm not sure I'm quite there yet. I have a long way to go!

Hermes 05-20-2011 03:26 PM

My style...is "Can I draw this? =O Maybe *scribble doodle draw lol*" And that's pretty much how it goes for me. I'm not really proud of much of my art, except for some art I did when I was president of the Anime Club at my old school, and made some for our walls...

princeofrose 05-20-2011 04:16 PM

Duchess I think your art is really original, specially the way you color it :D
Me I know that there is probably ten billion anime artists out there and at least a few of them have my style I guess XD
Ah well, I am still learning and improving as I go :D

Duchess 05-20-2011 09:45 PM

Thanks guys! I did the bits and pieces then smush thing too xDD I also adapted from RL...esp for my legs... whether exaggerated or not, I pulled that from a live drawing class where I spent forever staring at the models legs xD

A friend of mines mimics the Bleach art style... A LOT. He's not too good at it either ^^;; I'm trying to get him to branch away from that and experiment more... because I believe you don't truly improve, until you start trying other things

princeofrose 05-20-2011 11:32 PM

I knewq a person who was exactly like that too XD Super into Bleach and all the characters he made looked exactly like Bleach characters XD

And I love your sexy bunny sig >:D

Azrael 05-21-2011 02:02 AM

I have a particular style I usually /like/ a lot, but I also really like when I see artists that have a particular style if their own. It amazes me cause I think it takes in a way more creativity.

Fey 05-21-2011 01:38 PM

So, first off, I don't really think I can call anything I do a 'style' since I really don't feel I can draw. I'm trying, but most of my results get 'round filed'. But, I feel that over time if you draw what you're inspired to do your art will look less like a mimic of something else and more like something that is uniquely you.

Hero 05-21-2011 07:34 PM

I first mimic styles I like and give it my own thing since it's not always possible to copy someone else's style. I'm also really inconsistent so I can't say I have a style

Ashley 05-22-2011 03:11 PM

I mimic at first and then tweak things until I can make it look good to me. I'm not very good at art though, so it never looks that good <.<

Ginger 05-22-2011 04:35 PM

I love to try new things. If I find something inspiring I might get ideas and make them my own. I've been experimenting with 3D art, book altering, pottery, painting, drawing, etc etc. I really don't like to take other people's ideas. I like to let people see what I can come up with.