Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Pixel cupcakes? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12760)

toxxic 03-10-2013 06:05 PM

Pixel cupcakes?

I'm just wondering who would be interested in buying them.

Soarin is refusing to sell them because he thinks no one will want them.

EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE DRAWING THEM.

He hates cupcakes, I bet.

Batty 03-10-2013 07:00 PM

I love pixel cupcakes!

There was this one chick on dA, who used to do custom ones.. I never did get to nab one.

toxxic 03-10-2013 07:11 PM

Was it xCaptainvalo?

littl3chocobo 03-10-2013 07:44 PM

while i like the idea i would not buy them from you

toxxic 03-10-2013 07:49 PM

Um. Okay. Can I ask why?

littl3chocobo 03-10-2013 07:55 PM

oh, you just charge way more than what i feelyou ought to considering the effort put in and if the cupcakes are the same as the ponies there is no point in saying i would buy any since i wouldn't despite the art most likely being nice to look at

toxxic 03-10-2013 07:59 PM

Well to be honest you don't know the effort I put in for my ponies. I draw completely by mouse which results in a lot of undoing and redoing to get it to look good. I spent over an hour or more on some of these ponies which I think is a lot for something I'm not shading. I would have shaded them, but that's not the style they're done in, and I was trying to represent MLP as best as I could without copying exactly.

littl3chocobo 03-10-2013 08:05 PM

sweetie, for customs that would be ok but most of this is you just copy+pasting things you already drew together with a couple tweaks, as a pixelist myself i know what it takes and how long it takes and this is simply my personal opinion. it is nice art but i am not going to say i would ever pay so much for something nearly identical to what everyone else is getting

your art is fairly cute however and i would say it would be neat to see you make custom art instead of just customized cookie-cutter art. that i would pay for

toxxic 03-10-2013 08:09 PM

...What? The only thing I copy paste is the actual pose, and the premade stuff on that picture. Everything else has been hand drawn and not copy pasted. So what if I have premade stuff? That's generally how customs work. You start off with a base and add onto it. That's how I've seen all customs done of things that weren't human. Doing that doesn't decrease the value of the overall product. My ponies are not "nearly identical" either, and to say so suggests you need to take a better look at things.

As a pixelist, you should know what bases are and how they work. But by your statement, you do not. Because that is what I'm using. Bases.

littl3chocobo 03-10-2013 08:20 PM

dear, i made bases for nearly five years, you are basing the body, the face, the hair, the wings, the horns and each time you make a new piece i am sure you keep an outline, that really is just copy-pasting after the very first time

if i wanted a leg-up my leg up would be the same as all the other leg-ups, if i wanted a short-fringe-mane it would be the same as the rest, it is doll-maker which is very easy compared to standard pixeling which would be making it all at one time for each individual buyer

like i said though custom>customized it is better to get something original than to get a modgepodge of identical stuff

toxxic 03-10-2013 08:24 PM

Please don't call me sweetie/dear.

I think you missed the part where I said I'd also draw OCs, avatars, and if someone already had their custom pony. For the record, there's tons of options in that creator. Who cares if some of it looks the same? The ponies in the show all essentially look the same and as I said before I'm trying to represent MLP how I can. I highly doubt if people were to use the creator that they'd pick the exact same colours. And even if they had the same hair, it's going to look a little different because I'm not going to copy/paste it from someone else's pony. No one has even used the creator yet for my orders and I'm doing a fine job of selling them so clearly they're not overpriced. And your "leg up" statement goes back to bases. You don't change the base every time someone orders in a shop. Because a base is just that. It is static.

Johnny Hobo 03-10-2013 08:25 PM

Excuse me.. I've watched her pixel these ponies :v

Each mane and item is redone each time. There isn't any saving it for the next pony with a similar mane or accessory. It's rather rude to just assume that she does that.

toxxic 03-10-2013 08:26 PM

^He also saw my process as I was first drawing the bases. He can easily tell you that a lot of effort has been put into each pony.

littl3chocobo 03-10-2013 08:32 PM

actually i /do/ when i use a base i only use it as a draft and the art itself is made 100% each time and the poses actually change to match the order sometimes drastically

i assume because the rest of it is all prefabricated that the 'new' pieces would become that as well, it is a practice i have seen in pixel pet shops as well that once a new piece is made it eventually becomes recycled when someone else wants an item just like it

toxxic 03-10-2013 08:50 PM

Well congratulations. But I do not "recycle." I hand draw every time and like I said who cares if the bases are the same because that's generally how things work. I have been a part of dolling forums and pixeling things for 3-4 years now and not often do I see someone actually redraw parts of the base. I am not having any problems selling my ponies. You seem to be the only one with the problem, and quite frankly, I don't really care that you don't want to buy a cupcake from me. Which, by the way, I said Soarin would be selling, not me.

Espy 03-10-2013 10:07 PM

Cupcakes are nice, and I'm sure there are people who'd buy them. They're not my thing, though. Sorry about that...

...although I still do owe my friend a birthday gift, so I'm definitely going after a pony when I can save up enough Aurum.