Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Club House (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Den's NaNoWriMo Cafe (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21256)

Den 11-01-2015 04:17 PM

Den's NaNoWriMo Cafe

It's that time of year again, when millions of writers around the world pick up their pens, fire up their laptops, or grab their quills, and set out to write 50,000 words in 30 days or less!

Prompts
(Coming Soon!)

Rules:
1) Follow Trisphee ToS Rules
2) Don't a jerk
3) If you use a prompt idea, you don't need to give credit.
4) Have fun!

Appalachia 11-02-2015 09:01 PM

I totally forgot NaNo happened in November and kinda (totally) didn't plan anything. Someone reminded me on the 30th and all I could think of was, OOPS.

I was thinking about participating this year, and I guess I still could. Just jump in and start writing.

Maybe.

Good luck to everyone participating though! I wish you lots of success!

Den 11-04-2015 03:36 AM

I'm doing comic-related things for NaNo, like I did last year, to get the second chapter drawn and scanned, so I can get more of my project converted to comic...

Lawtan 11-04-2015 01:00 PM

I am going to be focusing on the stuff I already have to work on over weekends.
That is:

Edit: Sorry for the list, but helps me keep things in perspective

Glitch 11-04-2015 02:44 PM

I tried to do this once. I went to the local meetings and everything.

I failed miserably and every year when I think about doing it again, I get so hung up on how I only made it a week the last time I tried. Le sigh.

Den 11-04-2015 08:15 PM

*hug* I've only won a couple of times that I've done NaNo as a writer. Last time I tried to write, I only made it about a week, too.

daikokunyo 11-09-2015 01:28 PM

November is a bad month for me in terms of school, so I've never been able to participate. I didn't even try because I knew it wouldn't be any good :p-ugh: soon I'll be an irresponsible adult, though. That'll be my time.

I don't really race through first drafts and do multiple drafts till the final one, though. I write my novels at my own pace, usually takes a year or more, and then a few rounds of edits and I'm done. I don't think I can rush through first drafts because I don't think I can handle a sucky first draft. I'm a little to inclined to ditch a story when I don't like the taste of it :p-sweat:

Soo yeah. I don't know. I might try NaNoWriMo but it'll be more to connect with other writers than about my own writing.

Den 11-10-2015 02:17 AM

Well, some of my closest friends are people I met through doing NaNoWriMo... to the point that I try and spend as many saturdays as i can each year with them (We meet weekly, for the most part, at a Village Inn and hang out).

daikokunyo 11-10-2015 10:20 AM

I never meet people who live near me, online :s-cry: but that's really cool. You must live in New York or have the ability to teleport yourself and others and Saturday happens to be Teleport Day or maybe you're a member of the Omnipresent League... I'll stop now don't mind me :s-kissface:

Den 11-10-2015 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exulansis (Post 1670072)
I never meet people who live near me, online :s-cry: but that's really cool. You must live in New York or have the ability to teleport yourself and others and Saturday happens to be Teleport Day or maybe you're a member of the Omnipresent League... I'll stop now don't mind me :s-kissface:

Actually, currently? I live in a rural town about an hour from the nearest city (which puts me technically in two regions for NaNoWriMo. I just go with the closest, 'cause the next closest is three hours away), and I don't go every Saturday (though I wish I could afford to, it'd beat being stuck at home all the time!), just the ones I'm able to. Used to go every other Saturday when I lived in the city in question, 'cause I would get paid every other Friday, but now, I'm lucky if I get to go up every couple of months.

daikokunyo 11-11-2015 01:01 AM

Oh :p-frown: good luck I guess. With NaNoWriMo and with being able to go.

I'm probably like a continent away from all NaNoWriMo regions but I'm also better off in that I've never had it so I'll never miss it, whereas you've had it.

Lawtan 11-18-2015 11:08 PM

*hangs about upside down in thread.*
How is everything going?

Den 11-19-2015 01:21 AM

the weather over the past few days has drained my energy levels...I got groused at by my mom the other day for sleeping so long, but it was rainy and overcast all day and the day before.

Lawtan 11-19-2015 11:52 AM

Have some magic wake-up water!
*Gives Den some caffeinated water*

Awen Moonshine 11-19-2015 12:02 PM

I decided to take part in the one being ran on Aywas this year as they started late (on the 12th) and therefore will run until mid-December which is a better time for me ^_^ I'm not writing a novel so much, but my life story to get out everything that I've been through and trying to sort out why I am the way I am. It's also coinciding with my new therapy sessions that started yesterday. ^_^;; Hopefully it will help me resolve some of my issues ^_^;;

Den 11-22-2015 07:57 PM

At this point, I'm mainly hoping to get enough pages colored to keep my buffer going, so I can finish drawing out the second chapter of the comic...