Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trisphee Talk (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Avatar Editor Discussion & Updates (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24150)

Tohopekaliga 07-05-2020 04:53 PM

Hmm. That's more a matter of being improperly tagged than specific choices.

Anything that seems like it's in the wrong place... probably is.

Also, of note, the "rarity" tab everything appears in exactly one category, whereas in the other tabs they can appear in potentially every spot, if it has poses for that.

And yes, Second Skin should definitely be in Skins, not Mods. I'll get that rearranged soon.

Tohopekaliga 07-05-2020 04:55 PM

I did a bit of searching about blurry fonts in Chrome...it's a problem with Chrome specifically, although what causes it, I don't know. I primarily use Firefox. Will try to find a solution that doesn't involve "disable hardware acceleration," since that's a user-controlled thing, and I don't wanna make you do that.

Biomecha 07-05-2020 05:25 PM

Thank you for looking into the tag sorting.

Edit: NVM oops. I somehow thought the new layer system didn't show item names.

Tohopekaliga 07-05-2020 05:27 PM

You're welcome. :)

I moved Second Skin, Caffeine, and a few other similar items. Do let us know if you see others.

Biomecha 07-05-2020 05:34 PM

Yeah, I had already edited my previous post. I misremembered it as just showing thumbnails.

Tohopekaliga 07-05-2020 05:53 PM

All good. :)

Stabbsworth 07-05-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga (Post 1941115)
I did a bit of searching about blurry fonts in Chrome...it's a problem with Chrome specifically, although what causes it, I don't know. I primarily use Firefox. Will try to find a solution that doesn't involve "disable hardware acceleration," since that's a user-controlled thing, and I don't wanna make you do that.

Ah, that'll make sense. Best keep the editing to Firefox, then.

Tohopekaliga 07-05-2020 08:48 PM

Not every page is blurry though, right? Something on the page causes it, I just don't know what. When I look at it in Chrome, it's not blurry, so I'm not sure how to reproduce the problem.

Biomecha 07-05-2020 09:01 PM

Another issue, hopefully I didn't miss it being brought up...

When you equip something from anything on a page coming after the first one, it will jump back to the first page.

Tohopekaliga 07-05-2020 09:46 PM

Oh, it does? Oops, yeah, I'll get that fixed tomorrow.

Tohopekaliga 07-06-2020 02:10 PM

A few small updates today:
  • Equipping items doesn't flip back to page 1
  • pressing left & right on the keyboard turns the page, if there's enough items
  • Adjusted position of the page control
  • Renamed "Games & RIGs" to "Games," because RIGs are actually in Special.
  • Some backend changes to make it easier for me to do updates

littl3chocobo 07-07-2020 06:19 AM

i greatly dislike this. the other day i made an avi with items i knew and ended up using the search bar to save on extra clicks but i cannot do that when creating a new one. i have to find the item,click on the item, click again(if i have more than one of the same type) add the item click the layer button, change the layer so the newest item is on top instead of the bottom then exit the layers then decide if i want the item then if i don't i have to click it again and remove it

i have spent more than fifteen minutes trying to put a pink sky on my avi and i am so fed up that i am not going to change my avi at all now and the avatars are literally the reason i joined this site and was my favorite part even now. there are so many extra steps that it just isn't worth it with my limited hand mobility and even more limited patience(i make a lot of mistakes).

i realize the polite thing to do is to compliment something i like, gently complain then end with a hopeful message about future success but really i am left with nothing but petulance and frustration in me... also apparently the only 'sky' item i own is starry sky?? guess noone has gotten that far sorting out the tags

Tohopekaliga 07-07-2020 07:56 AM

Feel free to use the old editor until this one works the way you'd like it to.

The background going to the bottom instead of top is something that I was going to fix, but apparently forgot to write that down, so I'll change it.

I'm not really sure how to help with discovery of items, apart from tagging...which, of course, is an ongoing process. Also, I feel like even incomplete as it is, it's easier to find items in this editor than the old one? Am I missing something?

As for number of clicks, how would you like to see it? All the color variations you own at once? Stop stacking things?

The layer manager is my next focus of improving...it's actually not supposed to go over the avatar at all, so that you can see the avatar as you resort it, although in checking again I realize it drifts over top if the screen is small enough, and that's definitely not ideal.

The trick, of course, is sorting out how to make it reasonable to use on a phone screen, and that's something I haven't figured out, I admit.

As for politeness, I don't care about couching criticism. The point of this is to figure out what's wrong.

littl3chocobo 07-07-2020 05:19 PM

i don't know how to access the old editor, it switched to the new one on its own and i haven't seen a button to switch back

it is easier if you know what you are looking for and can suss it out by a pose and harder if you are just looking at what you own and trying to see the contents of a particular item, if i know i have an item with bricks i can look up 'brick' and get all items with bricks in them, if i know i have an item with some sort of background but i cannot remember what sort i either have to guess words until something comes up or i have to go looking through the sorted and unsorted items hoping i find it(for instance sand dune is not in backgrounds and so i would either need to look in events or come up with the idea of looking for sand(and not sands which brings up nothing) and if i know the item has a sandy beach but isn't sand dune i am boned because malihini(an item with a sandy beach) does not come up in a search or on the background tab and is only accessible through raity+donation. i do of course understand that this issue will be fixed with time but for now it is a bit discouraging

it might help to do what gaia does and let users choose whether to stack or not and to have it so that same-items stack into one but same-items of a different colour do not

as for the clicking i suppose you could have it so that when you click on a pose it doesn't close it unless you click outside of the pose option box's area or click the 'close' button. this way if someone misclicks or changes their mind they can fix the issue without having to reclick

i have no idea what to do about phone compatibility though. my phone is a decade old and uses a tiny physical keypad for all operations and only has the option to use a non-functioning version of internet explorer

Illusion 07-07-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga (Post 1941104)
Blurry? Strange. I'll look into that.

• Favorites is a good idea. I'll look into it.
  • I'm not really clear on this suggestion. Hover on the avatar to be able to pick an item off of it, as if you clicked it from the list below?
  • A remove button on the top isn't.a bad idea. I'll see what I can do.
  • Those buttons are a bit small, you're right...
  • I like this idea. Escape can already be used to close popovers, so a few more keyboard shortcuts wouldn't be out of place.

I mean the worn item list on the left side of the page.

Den 07-07-2020 10:21 PM

I like how easy it is to sell accidental dupes now. :)

Tohopekaliga 07-08-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littl3chocobo (Post 1941155)
i don't know how to access the old editor, it switched to the new one on its own and i haven't seen a button to switch back

it is easier if you know what you are looking for and can suss it out by a pose and harder if you are just looking at what you own and trying to see the contents of a particular item, if i know i have an item with bricks i can look up 'brick' and get all items with bricks in them, if i know i have an item with some sort of background but i cannot remember what sort i either have to guess words until something comes up or i have to go looking through the sorted and unsorted items hoping i find it(for instance sand dune is not in backgrounds and so i would either need to look in events or come up with the idea of looking for sand(and not sands which brings up nothing) and if i know the item has a sandy beach but isn't sand dune i am boned because malihini(an item with a sandy beach) does not come up in a search or on the background tab and is only accessible through raity+donation. i do of course understand that this issue will be fixed with time but for now it is a bit discouraging

it might help to do what gaia does and let users choose whether to stack or not and to have it so that same-items stack into one but same-items of a different colour do not

as for the clicking i suppose you could have it so that when you click on a pose it doesn't close it unless you click outside of the pose option box's area or click the 'close' button. this way if someone misclicks or changes their mind they can fix the issue without having to reclick

i have no idea what to do about phone compatibility though. my phone is a decade old and uses a tiny physical keypad for all operations and only has the option to use a non-functioning version of internet explorer

There's a link in the first post of this thread. And here it is again for simplicity.

I am willing to add more config options to it. Unstacking is certainly doable in that regard, as well as close or not on the pose window. Personally, I prefer it goes away as soon as I pick something, but keeping it up is not unreasonable.

Also, Sand Dune and Malihini are in Backgrounds now. (As well as other places, for Malihini)

Tohopekaliga 07-08-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illusion (Post 1941162)
I mean the worn item list on the left side of the page.

Ah! Hmm...Possibly. I'll look into it.

littl3chocobo 07-08-2020 03:29 AM

thankyou for the link, i will be sure to use it when i want to do new outfits

i do have one qol that would be nice; an undo button. something to let you undo the last item(or three) you added might be helpful

Witchchylde 07-08-2020 09:12 AM

Hm. Auto save seems to be working just fine; when I try to save the avatar though, it doesn't work unless I first leave the page and then return to the editor. Using Chrome.

Tohopekaliga 07-08-2020 10:05 AM

Hmm. Yeh, that's not good.

Just to make sure, this is what is happening for you?
  1. Click save, nothing happens
  2. Refresh
  3. Click save again, avatar saves

Witchchylde 07-08-2020 07:22 PM

I didn't click refresh, I went to the home page to see if it was a delay in save being acknowledged, also when I got back to the avatar page, every change was still in place, but when I saved, the items I had equipped from the companion tabs didn't save and had to be re=added to the avatar. But that time, the save worked right away without leaving the page or having to refresh.

Biomecha 07-08-2020 08:54 PM

Issue:

Revert changes causes inventory to jump back to first page.

Illusion 07-09-2020 01:55 PM

I'm not able to drag the worn items in the order I want the layers to stack.

Tohopekaliga 07-09-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchchylde (Post 1941196)
I didn't click refresh, I went to the home page to see if it was a delay in save being acknowledged, also when I got back to the avatar page, every change was still in place, but when I saved, the items I had equipped from the companion tabs didn't save and had to be re=added to the avatar. But that time, the save worked right away without leaving the page or having to refresh.

I'm not sure what's going on there, investigations are ongoing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biomecha (Post 1941201)
Issue:

Revert changes causes inventory to jump back to first page.

Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed it, and a few related situations. :D

Some changes today:
  • The item list pages shouldn't jump at all unless you search or change what filter you're looking at.
  • Added config option to keep the item window open after you pick something
  • Added config option to disable item stacking. Note that identical items will still stack, but different colored ones will not.

Tohopekaliga 07-09-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illusion (Post 1941215)
I'm not able to drag the worn items in the order I want the layers to stack.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Is the drag & drop not working for you?

littl3chocobo 07-10-2020 05:06 AM

maybe they mean under the avi? i cannot drag-and-drop from there either only from the layer button

littl3chocobo 07-10-2020 05:11 AM

much improved ^^ it is still less convenient than the old one but now if i had only just started using the editor for the very first time i wouldn't be nearly as put out and if i stuck to the rarity tab i wouldn't notice anything off at all

Tohopekaliga 07-10-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littl3chocobo (Post 1941236)
maybe they mean under the avi? i cannot drag-and-drop from there either only from the layer button

Could be. That area doesn't do any kind of sorting. I can make that list do layer sorting as well, but it wouldn't be perfect, as items with both above & below won't work properly no matter what I do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by littl3chocobo (Post 1941237)
much improved ^^ it is still less convenient than the old one but now if i had only just started using the editor for the very first time i wouldn't be nearly as put out and if i stuck to the rarity tab i wouldn't notice anything off at all

I'm glad. :) Is the main issue with this editor now that the items aren't all sorted well?

littl3chocobo 07-10-2020 03:12 PM

pretty much. for sure i badly want to do some of that sorting x''D i am very impatient

Witchchylde 07-10-2020 06:35 PM

Saving the new avatar was seamless today!

Also, I've noticed that clicking on the icon of whatever item you want to change to the top position and re-clicking the pose you want brings that item back to the top without having to switch to the layering edit mode.

Tohopekaliga 07-10-2020 08:31 PM

@cho: Unfortunately, I don't really have a good "safe" way to allow anyone to add tags at the moment, but I'll definitely look into a good way.

Thanks for the update there, Witchchylde. I think I know the cause, and it is very unlikely to ever happen to you again. (And I'll have it fixed soon so it will happen with no one.)

Biomecha 07-10-2020 11:59 PM

Another minor thing:

When you equip something from the search results, the search results reset.

Tohopekaliga 07-11-2020 12:48 AM

Ah, yeah, I can fix that.

Biomecha 07-11-2020 02:16 AM

I'm already looking forward to being able to purchase more closet space (when it's ready, of course). It's pretty handy because when I am working on one avatar I wind up getting ideas for others, so the closet feature really helps with flipping between different ideas.

Illusion 07-11-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga (Post 1941218)
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Is the drag & drop not working for you?

The drag and drop is not working.

When I try I keep getting a big red O with a cross indicating it's not functioning/allowing me.

edit: Oh editing layers are in a new box. That's a step backward.

littl3chocobo 07-11-2020 05:55 PM

that is totally fair ^^

Biomecha 07-11-2020 10:31 PM

Issue:

1. Make a change to avatar.
2. Save avatar.
3. Stay on edit avatar page without leaving or refreshing.
4. Make a new change to avatar.
5. Revert changes.

It will revert to the old saved avatar from before step 1.

littl3chocobo 07-11-2020 11:43 PM

eech, that is no good x____x i often use that trick to preserve unfinished project avis between changes

Biomecha 07-11-2020 11:57 PM

Wait, the issue works to your advantage or against? I can see how it might be useful because in the old editor I would have 2 tabs of the editor open when deciding between subtle changes and just save the avatar in tab that had the preferred option.