Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   NaNoWriMo anyone? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9569)

trystan830 10-04-2018 10:17 PM

i don't suffer, Death... i enjoy it! LOL

actually it's kinda fun

mdom - you could try a Camp NaNo, you can set your own word count goal

Death by Mirrors 10-05-2018 07:54 AM

Blasphemy! LOL

(nah, actually I enjoy it too. sleep is for the weak anyway)

Mekatra 10-05-2018 11:07 AM

There's really no shame in not getting 50k. To be honest any writing that you do is a good amount of writing and is more than the average person out there that doesn't participate at all.

trystan830 10-05-2018 04:55 PM

to quote a character from a tv show, "sleep is for wimps."

and i agree, Mekatra - any writing that gets done is awesome. =)

Kaderin Triste 10-05-2018 06:16 PM

Ugh, I keep thinking I should do this, but I never prep before Nov rolls around, so I always start off with a cool story idea and then never actually get any writing done. I think I wrote like...5 sentences last year?

trystan830 10-05-2018 06:19 PM

Kaderin, i'm a First-Class Pantser. i've had a little kernel of an idea, and each year i started a new novel on November 1, i've gotten to the end of November with over 50,000 words.

the one year i didn't - i didn't start with a new novel, but with one that i was mostly done with, but needed that final kick to finish the story. i was a NaNo Rebel last year. =D

this year, i've done a little bit more of planning and world building, i can link my planning google doc, if anyone's interested.

Death by Mirrors 10-05-2018 06:35 PM

Kaderin yes you should do this :p-cool: maybe 2018 is the year you finally show the world your story

I don't plan much in advance either. Usually I find when I'm writing straight from the beginning to the end I always (or 90% of the time) dislike whatever scene I have to write next and would rather do something else instead. Then I scrap my initial plan to end up with stuff like a female side character who lives with a drag queen fortune teller, hosts a muk-bang video broadcast and uses a tesla coil to appear as if she devours lightning.

trystan830 10-05-2018 06:41 PM

ah, NaNo, the novels of Non-Sequiturs!

Kaderin Triste 10-05-2018 06:42 PM

Lol. Last year I was just gonna go silly woth The Book of Derpy. Where Derpy was basically a baby god with amnesia so throughout the story, he would subconsciously make stuff happen, but it would occur in a way where it wasn't super obvious until the end when he remembers that he's a god, so throughout the story the characters basically just are putting up with baby dragon care while on adventures and trying to find Derpy's mom. XD
Didn't happen though.

Not sure what I'd write this year.

trystan830 10-05-2018 06:45 PM

here's a glimpse into my weird mind for this year...

http://docs.google.com/document/d/1W...it?usp=sharing

the first two pages are my working summary; the rest is "source materials" and some input

Death by Mirrors 10-05-2018 07:16 PM

Are you aiming for a scary, dystopic mood or more like thrilling adventure with a happy ending?

Because if it's the first, make religion and government the same entity, but in a way the reader constantly is challenged in their assumptions (eg. a completely peaceful world can't see any actual progress, mankind needs a certain level of struggle to evolve their technologies and knowledge; so maybe the cult taking over means a change for the better, but then again there is something fishy about the way they handle some things... keep 'em in a constant grey area where it's ultimately impossible to choose sides)

If the latter, religion and government being seperate from each other makes one of them easier to overthrow if the other turns out to be an unexpected ally for the fight.

trystan830 10-05-2018 07:24 PM

well, i have no idea how i want it to end. i mean, "everyone lives happily ever after" is always a nice ending.

that said, i'm not all that sure that religion is now all that big a thing. the notes about that were based on just that first little blurb in the "fine print source notes." i'm sure the Warriors' Cult will have some sort of belief aspect to it, though.

Quiet Man Cometh 10-08-2018 05:51 AM

I've decided that I'm going to work on my manuscript that I've been ignoring for a good while. It's sitting on 1800 words, roughly, though the bulk of that is the table of contents and titles. I might well just plow through another wave of steam of consciousness writing and then pick it apart at the end.

Coda 10-08-2018 09:40 AM

I'm not going to compete but I'm going to use the time to get back into my story after I lost so much momentum on it from overtime at work.

trystan830 10-08-2018 11:28 AM

last year i only wrote 8,340 words. but i also finished a novel that had been unfinished since mumblemumblemumble.... =D

ZenKitty 10-31-2018 04:00 PM

NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow!

I'm so unprepared for my writing. :P