Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Trisphee Times (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Testing the Trade System (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9753)

Fenris 10-08-2012 09:47 PM

Testing the Trade System

One of the things we have been really working on is trying to get the trade system to load for everyone (even if its slow). We have a lot of ideas for making it faster, but we think we have it working. I will admit it is VERY slow, but I figured this was a lot better than not working at all for people with big inventories.

The bigger your inventory, the longer it will take to load. During the testing trades I used the staff testing account to trade back and forth with one of our other staff members. The testing account actually has more items in the inventory than any other person on the site. Perfect for testing! It worked, but it was very slow, despite that I think other people should test it besides our staff.

Our current results:
Testing account ranking about 4k items- 12minutes for the whole trade trade to someone with about 2000.
Ashy to sei- about 5 minutes for the whole trade.
Mizzy to Lost- almost exactly 5 minutes, timed (not including her item choosing time).

We realize these times were slow, but getting some functionality back to the trade system has been very important to us. Please feel free to test it, pull on it, whatever! We would really like to see the results from some of the users with the most loading problems as well as smaller and average size inventories. We apologies for the slowness of it again, we are going to be working on that. But loading was a lot more important. So we hope that getting that to work will help out!

Ashy 10-08-2012 09:55 PM

I like being able to actually trade people :D

Sei 10-08-2012 09:56 PM

I never really had too much trouble, but I have a tiny inventory. It's nice to know that people can trade again, even if it's slow. *nodsnods*

Awesome job, guys! :'D

Tiva 10-08-2012 10:00 PM

900ish invo took about a minute to load so not bad compared to when I was trying to load a trade to Nikko for runes before.

Kamikaze Chinchilla 10-08-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashy (Post 1382902)
I like being able to actually trade people :D

I would like to have some of your people <3

Kali_Namir 10-08-2012 10:06 PM

AWESOME!!! No really! This should make Nikko really really happy...

Mizeria 10-08-2012 10:11 PM

Kali... he wasn't the ONLY one with an issue ya know...
there were a LOT of members not able to load things.
Myself included.

I couldn't even trade with mules, now I can.

Ginger 10-08-2012 10:24 PM

I'm happy to see everyone can trade now :)

Kali_Namir 10-08-2012 10:31 PM

I know, but he's the one I've been seeing with the issue the longest (or at least one of the first to come out with the issue [that I remember])

Mizeria 10-08-2012 10:36 PM

Nikko was the first, I believe.
*nods*

Kali_Namir 10-08-2012 10:39 PM

So he's kind of dealt with it the longest, that's the only reason I said he'd be really really happy.

Fenris 10-08-2012 10:45 PM

This is true, I think fixing things even though its been slow is extremely important.

Mizeria 10-08-2012 10:48 PM

He's not the only one that has been having errors that long though
o.o;

-honestly just happy its fixed-

Kali_Namir 10-08-2012 10:48 PM

Even if it is slow, I ADORE that it's fixed!!! It means more happy members, and a fully functioning market again.

Coda 10-08-2012 11:24 PM

Nikko doesn't even have the biggest inventory on the site. He doesn't even make the top five.

Mizeria 10-08-2012 11:26 PM

-now wonders who the top five are-