Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Games & Tech (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Playing old games... (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23635)

Espy 12-20-2018 01:35 PM

Multi-User Dungeon.

Linkle 12-20-2018 01:44 PM

I remember back in the day when Runescape was new. I miss Runescape....I mean I COULD go play it now but...

Merskelly Metalien 12-20-2018 07:57 PM

Anyone have any favorite retro games? :)

Kaderin Triste 12-20-2018 08:22 PM

Retro like the original Mario Bros series and PacMan and all that?
Because I LOVE the Mario Bros. games and PacMan. I just seldom am able to play them.

Merskelly Metalien 12-22-2018 02:48 AM

Yeah. :) Like those. And also Galaga, because that was around in the 80s too. I like the Namco classics.

Kaderin Triste 12-22-2018 03:52 AM

Oh man...this is bringing back memories of the old game system we owned when I was a kd. I don't know for sure, but based on google image searching, it may have been an Atari 2600 (could have been a knock-off though, idk). Only we didn't have the joystick controllers, just the knob ones. The ones you just turned the knob to move our character left and right.
And we didn't have any big-name games. The oly one that really stands out is a game where you had a clown (or two maybe?) on a sort of see-saw and they would alternate bouncing into the air to pop balloons that moved across the top of the screen (3 different colors moving at different speeds). And each level, everything would get just a lttle faster.

Merskelly Metalien 12-22-2018 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste (Post 1888272)
Oh man...this is bringing back memories of the old game system we owned when I was a kd. I don't know for sure, but based on google image searching, it may have been an Atari 2600 (could have been a knock-off though, idk). Only we didn't have the joystick controllers, just the knob ones. The ones you just turned the knob to move our character left and right.
And we didn't have any big-name games. The oly one that really stands out is a game where you had a clown (or two maybe?) on a sort of see-saw and they would alternate bouncing into the air to pop balloons that moved across the top of the screen (3 different colors moving at different speeds). And each level, everything would get just a lttle faster.

Oh, kinda like space invaders but on a seesaw? :) That sounds neat! My mom had an Atari with the joystick, and came with different games, but she wasn't really a gamer.

Did it look like this btw? o.o

https://videogamecritic.com/images/2...rcus_atari.png

Derpy McBlueEyes 12-22-2018 04:18 AM

Kinda? It might have been that, but I think it was a little different in color/style. Essentially that was the game though.
I don't really remember much about it tbh. I haven't seen or played it in over 20 years probably.

Merskelly Metalien 12-22-2018 04:32 AM

Sweet. >u< Though it'd be nice to revist them I imagine. <:)
I love the old 8 bit music and sound effects from the old arcade games too. X') they're so adorable and nostalgic! Especially the Pac-Man and Ms. Pac Man ones.

KittyBeary 12-30-2018 04:49 AM

I re-played the Ace Attorney games recently. XD

Merskelly Metalien 01-02-2019 08:11 PM

I've never played those Ace Attorney games actually, but I'll bet I'd like it. x]
Been playing a lot of Pokémon Soul Silver and Platinum lately. :/ I guess I kinda missed gen 2 and 4 a little bit. Though I feel myself missing X and Y. <x{ <3

Kaderin Triste 01-02-2019 08:15 PM

Omg, just rediscovered my old GBA emulator on one of my hard drives (long story, but the best of my shitty laptops finally died, so back to my previous one) and I have been playing the shit out of Fire Emblem and Summon Night.
Woo!

Stabbsworth 01-09-2019 11:25 AM

i'd like to play the ace attorney games. if i remember correctly, there's a site that used flash to emulate the sonic games and such.

Merskelly Metalien 01-11-2019 07:19 PM

I miss playing online flash games, so every so often I'll pay a visit to Andkon.com :] And play some old games from my elementary school years.

The only emulator I had was on my old phone and I played Pokémon Crystal on it. ^-^; But I enabled cheats just to get a whole bunch of shiny pokemon...all the free items and level 100 pokemon kinda took the joy out of playing tho. :/

My brother used that sonic emulator site I think, years ago and he'd play old sega games like Sonic 2 and Echo the Dolphin.

Stabbsworth 01-15-2019 01:45 PM

i really miss bunni: how we first met. i can't play it anymore bc the servers are down.

Espy 01-16-2019 02:49 AM

Man, I need to find a good version of Loderunner.