Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Games & Tech (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Skype and Windows Live (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11290)

Yokuutsu 01-14-2013 03:31 AM

Skype and Windows Live

Since Microsoft is refusing to do anything, I wonder if any of you might have an answer to this.

So you can now merge your skype and messenger contacts together now. Did that. Next time I logged in, they were gone except one due to the fact that he was actually online at the time. What can I do about this? D:

Serra Britt 01-14-2013 12:48 PM

The only think I know for sure is that mine has three lists, Skype, Facebook, and Messenger contacts. So unless I set it to show them all at once, it only shows one set at a time.

Yokuutsu 01-14-2013 01:42 PM

Well, the weird thing is that ONE Windows Live contact shows. So I know it at least half way worked. And it did show all my contacts...once. But not anymore.

Alpha 01-14-2013 04:20 PM

Are you sure it isn't just showing the ones who are online? I know Skype has that option.

Yokuutsu 01-14-2013 04:49 PM

I have never turned on that option because some people appear offline when they are online.

And I have messed with that option to see if it did anything and it doesn't.

Quiet Man Cometh 01-15-2013 02:21 AM

I was wondering how the merge worked since I have both MSN and skype but under different names, and possibly different e-mails. Not sure about my Skype account details anymore. Does this mean I'll have two potential skype accounts?

Yokuutsu 01-15-2013 02:26 AM

You merge them and then login with Windows Live on Skype.

Then pray that your contacts stick around.

Quiet Man Cometh 01-15-2013 05:09 PM

What will this do to my e-mail, if anything?

Coda 01-15-2013 05:51 PM

Nothing. Windows Live Mail is sticking around.

By the way, I suspect part of the problem with contacts disappearing is that it /only works for people with Skype accounts/. Any Windows Live Messenger user that hasn't signed up for Skype won't be able to be found.

Yokuutsu 01-15-2013 06:52 PM

That is stupid. What's the point of merging them then? If they had skype, I wouldn't need to merge. And I don't know if that one friend has skype or not .-.

Coda 01-15-2013 06:57 PM

Because when THEY run the Skype migration tool, YOU have an account, and they'll find you so you'll get a notification basically as soon as they register.

Yokuutsu 01-15-2013 07:01 PM

And what if they never run it? That's the problem. If I had known I wouldn't be able to contact them using skype when I fused the accounts...I would've never bothered. If they know that's how it was going to work, they should've said something so there wouldn't be five billion posts in this one thread there about contacts not working right.

At least I know why now. Maybe I should post what you said in that thread. It might help some people.

Coda 01-15-2013 07:43 PM

If they never run it they've got their head under a rock, because that's the only way to keep your MSN friends after March.

You mean you can't log into MSN Messenger with your account anymore?

Yokuutsu 01-15-2013 08:09 PM

Some people aren't going to migrate especially when the contacts don't move over. Some will just move to a different thing altogether like AIM.

I don't know whether I can or can't. I got skype because I wanted to have one messenger. So I was happy to hear they were fusing, but they don't fuse right.

I wonder what they'll do to the ones who don't migrate over. Do they just lose all their contacts? Why can't they literally fuse the things together..like how you could add yahoo contacts to windows live...

Coda 01-15-2013 09:58 PM

They're NOT fusing. That's part of the problem. Microsoft is just RECOMMENDING that MSN users move to Skype.

Yokuutsu 01-15-2013 10:40 PM

Yeah, but that's what they need to do, not literally fuse, but fuse the accounts at least and let me log in with my skype to get both and them work.

And they're getting rid of windows live so it's about the same thing really for people.