Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Games & Tech (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ye Ol' N64: What's your favorite games? (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8167)

Illusion 05-01-2012 09:32 PM

Ye Ol' N64: What's your favorite games?

BACK IN MY DAY, we didn't have nu Pee S three's. Or smack box 3 pixies. Or a weee.. We had the wonderful Nintendo 64.
Now gamers, what was some of your favorite games?
Are any of those games very unknown to some people?
Was there one you just couldn't put down?

hyjin 05-14-2012 08:52 PM

Legend of zelda ocarina of time, Legend of zelda Majoras mask, Super Smash bros, and Starfox 64

those were my favorites... couldnt stop playing zelda i actually still have it on the wii since i dont have my 64 any more

Serra Britt 05-15-2012 06:34 PM

Mischief Makers and the Goemon games were among my favorites, and of course I enjoyed the Zelda games too. Spent a lot of time playing Smash Bros and also sucked into some 007 Goldeneye games. And the Mario Party games were a great deal of fun too :3

Quiet Man Cometh 05-16-2012 02:26 AM

I played through Ocarina of Time so much I can run the whole thing through on memory now, with most of the heart pieces too, and as menial and silly as it was, we somehow had loads of fun with Pokemon Snap.

My N64 is in the possession of my sister now (it's technically "ours" but since I bought 80% of the games for it I dubbed it "mine.") My favourite games besides the above two were Gex, enter the Gecko, Asteroids (new updated game and you *still* had on brakes!) and Bomberman 64. I would pick up Star Wars Rogue Squadron or Pod Racer from time to time as well. Can't remember the other games we had. Conker was in there. Got stuck in the zombie house. Still need to pass it. -.-

Illusion 05-16-2012 02:44 AM

I loved Pokemon Snap! That's the only game I could ever get my mom to play with me. We had such a great time trying to find all the Pokemon! I wish they made a number 2... I really enjoyed the time spent with my mom on the game. It brings back amazing memories.. Now I feel extremely nostalgic..

Yokuutsu 05-16-2012 02:00 PM

Star Fox 64, Mario Kart, Mario, and Banjo Kazooie <3

I have the last 3 and my N64 sitting around somewhere. The third one I didn't get to buy until the 3DS...but I do have it on that :D

I wish I had pokemon snap .-.

I wanna play it now T-T

hyjin 05-16-2012 03:50 PM

O.O i forgot i still have a gameboy advance sp... And i play my pokemons on it... (sapphire, ruby, emerald, and leaf green... on the hunt for fire red)

Ae86 05-17-2012 01:40 AM

HA! I loved thy N64!
I always loved Super smash bros, both legend of zelda games..
I really loved perfect dark.

and I really liked Gemeni Jet force. This was probably my #1 favorite game for N64.

Quiet Man Cometh 05-17-2012 01:53 AM

I remember perfect dark, though I was never as good at it was I was with regular playstation shooters. I would usually hole up somewhere with a stack of grenades and lob them at approaching bad guys on the map.

my grandmother used to like watching Gex run around so I got play that a fair bit. Cartridge was crummy though, so it had to give a good wack to get it into the machine and it worked.

I liked the photo album in Snap. We used to see not only who could get good photos but also who could get silly or dumb things. My sister was a littlel annoyed with photo of an unconscious squirtle (courtesy of a pester ball) and the caption "you killed squirtle! you %*@#!

I STILL don't know how my friend pulled off that rediculous picture of mew but he's a videogame guru type. I haven't wanted to restart the game yet because I didn't want to clear the almbum until I could get some stickers made. Sadly, said sticker machines are all gone!

Ginger 05-17-2012 06:24 AM

I LOVED Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Pilotwings. Mariokart 64 was also a favorite of mine but never had it.

hyjin 05-17-2012 09:11 AM

I always say this--> You cant beat the classics.

Tarrek 05-19-2012 04:36 AM

Gotta shout out the classics. Mario 64, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. At the time I also loved Perfect Dark and for a time Jet Force Gemini until it mysteriously vanished. Pokemon Snap was great too.

Helsinki Harlot 05-19-2012 05:52 AM

Mario Party games. Pokemon Stadium was cool. That's about all I really remember from the 64. We had a Sega until I turned like 10 or 11. We still have the 64 tho' and keep buying new games for it. xD

Quiet Man Cometh 05-20-2012 04:23 AM

We didn't get a Sega until I turned 12! Mom wasn't keen on video games. Prior to that, we had the old Coleco.

littl3chocobo 05-20-2012 06:31 AM

;^; am i the only one who played the original mario, paper mario or konker? it was the first game i ever beat every last little thing on and the trend continued long after that final star and the cannon to where yoshi hid behind the castle

Illusion 05-20-2012 06:49 PM

I loved Paper Mario <3
I hated the 2 new ones though for the gamecube, and Wii. But I'm highly looking forward to the 3DS version because it looks like they are returning to the more RPG like roots.

Quiet Man Cometh 05-21-2012 09:09 PM

Bad Fur Day? My sister and I played that one. Got annoyed with the zombie house though. I made it through and missed my jump out of the back door and landed on spikes. That kinda soured things. I rarely play it by myself though, and we (stepsister and I) live appart now so I never picked it back up. I'm more for social gaming than sitting by myself.

Illusion 05-22-2012 12:06 AM

Sounds like how I get stuck in Banjo Kazooi at the Halloween themed world xD

Kotomi 06-06-2012 11:38 AM

I had a lot of fun with Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, Ocarina of Time, Star Wars Podracers

It makes me sad sometimes still has the game system but only one... and the games I have for it more likely will just stay here with my family since well I very much couldn't use them when I do move out, but still has time =p

hmmm only game that really irritated me other than Tarzan
was when my Zelda game reset itself... I was at the castle at the end and the game reset... glad it came out again on 3ds though... yay finally played the ending

Rosekitten 06-06-2012 02:44 PM

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...eaves2-1-1.gif

N64 <3
Ogre Battle 64 and Harvest Moon 64 are probably the two i wasted most of my time on xD

there was also pokemon stadium and hey you picachu (cute game if you can get over yelling at the mic lol)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...eaves2-1-1.gif

Kitty Paine 06-27-2012 10:56 AM

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...rhappytalk.gif
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask to be sure.

Kit Katy 07-12-2012 12:55 AM

There's a lot of games that weren't known on the N64 in my opinion. Paperboy, Gauntlet Legends, & Bust a Move are my favorites.

littl3chocobo 07-12-2012 01:27 AM

i played the original gauntlet and paperboy on a sim XD my and my sib all but broke the little joy-stick but it was as close to arcade as you could get in the early 2000's out in the boonies

there was yoshi's story, as far as games go it sucked but it was super cute and somewhat fun to play

Illusion 07-12-2012 01:34 AM

Paperboy was so weird.. I remember riding the bike in some weird scientist level trying to do something....
Weird Game = Weird.

littl3chocobo 07-12-2012 01:35 AM

i never made it past the yards XD i did not know there were other levels

Kit Katy 07-13-2012 11:06 PM

There are other levels on paperboy? I had no idea! o.o
Man, I don't own paperboy anymore. Phewy..

littl3chocobo 07-14-2012 02:18 AM

at least i don't feel bad now XD

Poggio 07-14-2012 03:30 AM

D> I never owned a N64. I owned a playstation and my cousin had a dreamcast. I remember borrowing another kids and playing it at my friends house. By far my favorite stupid game was The James bond game. The one where all of the levels looked the same and you could not knife an enemy for shit. I also remember playing resident evil. I am a skittish person by nature and turning the blood blue did not stop me from having nightmares about Zombies jumping through my window at night XD. It was fun.

Kit Katy 07-14-2012 10:42 PM

Oh wow, Resident Evil. My Dad played that non-stop. I'd watch it mainly for the story and the rad graphics. It also gave me nightmares! I distinctly remember not wanting to turn the game on to play by myself. It was too creepy to play alone.

Rosekitten 07-15-2012 07:37 AM

On the note of N64 games.. i want... I'm sad to say the wii network doesn't have my game up there :< If i had a n64 i think i'd break it out and play it again xD

Echo-chan713 07-15-2012 11:50 AM

My fave was the Mario Tennis

Boris 06-26-2017 09:34 PM

Some of my favourite games for the N64 was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario 64, Mario Golf, and Banjo Kazooie.

For LoZ, I liked the spirit temple, but I loved when Sheik taught us how to play the songs... I can't remember their names, but, I remember Bolero of Fire, which is one of my favourite songs, and the one that warps you to the spirit temple. Serenade of water was beautiful; however, that game did make me feel a bit sad at times. Link was also cute. Another thing to note, I hate water levels... except for the ones from the original Super Mario Bros. game.

DKR, I loved the levels, the music, and I loved how the computer racers would always drive the same type of vehicle as player one when racing on track mode (not adventure mode). I gotta say, I liked racing the big bad of the game as well because I loved the music a lot... and I loved how he called them little worms. I was hoping for Donkey Kong Racing to be a thing, but... it got cancelled.

I only liked SM64 because of the final boss fight, to be honest. I loved listening to the music, and I would always play the game just to spin Bowser into the bombs... s it turns out, those bombs can also hurt Mario if he jumps into them... sort of wished Mario didn't fall to his death every time I made him jump into a bomb.

I like MG because I like golf... wish I played it more.

Banjo Kazooie, I loved the main antagonist... and I still do. I love how she rhymed, and I loved some of the levels the player had to go through, but the music, I LOVED it! The final fight is fun as well, just like some of the levels. The music in the games is also fun as well, and I know everyone in the game. It's just... I just wanna sing them all now... *Shakes arms and squees* As I said earlier, I don't like water levels and I loath them; however, Clanker's Cavern is... well, I'm on the fence on this one. My favourite level would probably be Click Clock Woods.

Starry Night 07-11-2017 08:19 PM

Right now, I can't put Animal Crossing down. Really cute game that I wish I played sooner. It reminds me of Harvest Moon even though they are two completely different games. :)

CactuarJoe 07-26-2017 10:20 AM

It's a toss up between Mischief Makers and Pokemon Stadium 2 for me. Both were great and could occupy me for hours!

Gogandantes 09-15-2019 02:00 PM

used to love Mario kart & a bunch of other stuff!