Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Games (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Word Disassociation (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22607)

Coda 06-23-2017 12:24 PM

Word Disassociation

This game was inspired by the "Word Association" game crossed with a song by Lemon Demon.

So first off, watch this video. Get the idea? I hope not; if you did, something's wrong. :P

In this game, your goal is to come up with a word that is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to the word in the previous post.

But how do you judge whether or not the word is completely unrelated? Well, that's where the fun part of the game comes in: Before you post your word, you have to try to explain how the last two words actually ARE related to each other, despite the previous poster's best attempts to make them independent.

So if player 1 said "football" and player 2 said "turkey", player 3 would have to explain how football is related to turkey -- they're both something that people see on Thanksgiving Day, for example. Player 3 would then try to come up with a word as unrelated to "turkey" as possible.

If nobody can figure out how your word relates to the word before it, you get a point!

Ready?

First word: "begin"!

Coda 06-23-2017 12:45 PM

I'll also make the second post, because otherwise the first player won't have a word to compare against.

"purple"

Potironette 06-23-2017 03:39 PM

The last color of the rainbow is purple, and the opposite of begin is end, and so begin/end are both words related to position, and hence "purple" is related to "begin." OR, if you look at the rainbow backwards, the beginning of the rainbow is "purple."

"Folder"

Coda 06-23-2017 07:16 PM

I had a purple folder for my math class in 7th grade.

"lawnmower"

Quiet Man Cometh 06-23-2017 07:32 PM

A lawnmower really is a folder. It folds grass along metal blade lengths such that the blade breaks and grass is cut!

"Teddy bear."

Coda 06-24-2017 11:09 AM

Teddy bears and lawnmowers both have stitched-up fabric enclosures that get stuffed with shredded material.

"space station"

Potironette 06-24-2017 11:52 AM

Teddy bears in astronaut suits are a thing--people sell these. Teddy bears and space stations are both related to astro-teddies.

"Ink"

Coda 06-24-2017 12:50 PM

The story goes that NASA put a lot of effort into making an ink pen you could use on the space station. (Supposedly, the Russians just used pencils instead.)

"Magma"

Espy 06-24-2017 01:53 PM

I mean, magma (lava) can be ink. Anything can be, with enough effort and the write right mentality.

Inimitable.

Potironette 06-24-2017 03:17 PM

With the stuff I have at home, magma is inimitable. I can't make it.

Straw

Veshora 06-24-2017 05:16 PM

There's a band who calls themselves Straw Bear, and one of their songs is "She's Inimitable". I smell a connection here.

Vampire

Quiet Man Cometh 06-25-2017 12:46 AM

Two vampires are arguing and one of them attacks the other's argument by creating a similar (but ultimately flawed) representation of that argument and attacking that. He has created a straw vampire.

beer

Veshora 06-25-2017 05:41 AM

Puh-lease. Great Lakes Brewing Co has their Nosferatu Imperial Red Ale, Cumbrian Legendary Ales brings you the Croglin Vampire Doppelbock, the Belgian Brouwerij Van Steenberge offers Vampire Pale Ale... we could spend a whole night watching vampire movies with a full cooler of vampire themed beers!

Mercury

Potironette 06-25-2017 05:06 PM

Beer and mercury are both liquid at room temperature

Triangle

Coda 06-26-2017 11:41 AM

I would have said that both vampires and straws suck. :P

March 27, 2017: The Moon, Mars, and Mercury were in positions in the night sky known as a celestial triangle.

Osmosis

Boris 06-26-2017 08:37 PM

Okay, so, think of there being two sides in a bucket One side has one molecule, and the other side has two molecules. The two sides are separated by a semipermeable membrane. One molecule is water, and the water passes through the membrane into a more concentrated solution to equalize the two concentrated solutes. The triangle comes in because the membrane, the water, and the other thing that makes the concentration higher is three, and a triangle has three sides.

Pluto