Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trisphee Talk (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Avatar Editor Discussion & Updates (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24150)

Tohopekaliga 07-16-2020 12:26 AM

I'm sorry, I don't understand again, Illusion. The old editor also hid the inventory list when you opened the layer manager, so the process here is exactly the same except that when you're picking a pose for an item it takes up more of the screen.

I do plan on allowing the equipped list to directly sort the layers, but I'm still working on the exact way to approach that, so I haven't implemented it yet.

littl3chocobo 07-17-2020 10:38 PM

if illusion is saying what i think then i agree. the current set-up is less visually intuitive than the old version so instead of it being in the most 'obvious' place it must be momentarily searched for and so it _feels_ like you oughtn't get comfortable fiddling about

Tohopekaliga 07-17-2020 11:05 PM

I was thinking about moving the layer manager button up to the bar with Body/Gear/Scene, but I worry about it getting crowded.

I suppose I could put it up there, and make the search bar only appear when you click on the magnifying glass. That would clear up space. Would that help?

Illusion 07-17-2020 11:36 PM

This. Let me move layers using here so I don't have to jump through menus and tabs all the time. And add X's to remove items.

https://i.imgur.com/g9SM1oc_d.webp?m...idelity=medium

Tohopekaliga 07-17-2020 11:48 PM

I have an enhancement I'm working on to let the equipped list under the avatar do layer sorting as well. I haven't put it on the released version yet because it tends to shuffle the below layers arbitrarily, which is not ideal. You can try that out here, but be aware that it will mess up the below layer order on your working avatar. You can fix it in the layer manager window, but...yeah.

X's to remove from that list...I hesitate to do because of the amount of things that would mean going on, but I will look into a way to do that, too.

littl3chocobo 07-18-2020 01:14 AM

do you know why it shuffles?

Tohopekaliga 07-18-2020 11:58 AM

Yeah, I do. At first I thought, "Eh, it'll be fine for a few days." But then I put it up on the beta site and concluded, "No...that's 100% unacceptable." I just didn't finish updating the logic behind how the equip list layer sorting works.

littl3chocobo 07-18-2020 02:56 PM

ah, gotcha. well i hope it eventually is sorted ^^

Tohopekaliga 07-18-2020 05:04 PM

Should be up in a day or two. :)

Illusion 07-19-2020 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga (Post 1941501)
I have an enhancement I'm working on to let the equipped list under the avatar do layer sorting as well. I haven't put it on the released version yet because it tends to shuffle the below layers arbitrarily, which is not ideal. You can try that out here, but be aware that it will mess up the below layer order on your working avatar. You can fix it in the layer manager window, but...yeah.

X's to remove from that list...I hesitate to do because of the amount of things that would mean going on, but I will look into a way to do that, too.

T_T It's so much better.

Tohopekaliga 07-19-2020 09:56 PM

Been busy with weekend things, so I haven't finished fixing that, but an idea occurred to me:

How would you feel if the draggable equipped list got a little "drop here to unequip" area when something is picked up?

Tohopekaliga 07-20-2020 02:38 PM

Okay, I fixed the below avatar item sorting, and moved that into the main editor!

So now you can sort items by moving them around in the equipped list under the avatar. Note that anything that is both above and below will only sort the above layer (trying to do both is much too fiddly).

Also added a drop zone to let you directly unequip while doing that as well.

Tohopekaliga 07-22-2020 12:16 PM

New feature today! :D

Undo & Redo! You can step back up to 25 actions (including revert & clear), I may adjust the limits on that or make it configurable, but the primary concern is that the more actions there are, the more memory it will take. Admittedly, it's not a lot, so I could probably push the undo limit up over 100, if people feel like that would be desirable.

I'm not 100% sold on the button layout, so that may change.

Biomecha 07-22-2020 10:30 PM

Pretty handy so far.

I've been having trouble using the drag and drop feature below the avatar since yesterday. Tried hard refresh and using Firefox 78.0.2 - Windows 10. Not sure what actions might be contributing to it.

Tohopekaliga 07-22-2020 11:38 PM

What sort of trouble have you been having?

Tohopekaliga 07-22-2020 11:53 PM

Never mind. I see a problem there. I'll have it fixed tomorrow.