Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art & Writing (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Original Characters Hangout (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21591)

Lawtan 03-02-2016 06:37 PM

Original Characters Hangout

Original Characters Hangout

So, this is a thread where Trisphee members can post character sheets, talk about their OC's, and get advice from other Roleplayers & Writers on their characters. Also, if anyone wants to make art of the characters...
So consider this the Original Character Closet & Hangout

*Note, all original characters are the sole property of their writer.
Stealing another's work will get you banned/reported.

Lawtan 03-02-2016 06:39 PM

Original Characters List

Characters by Username:

Lawtan:

Lawtan 03-02-2016 06:54 PM

Lawtan 03-02-2016 06:55 PM

Rules
1) Here are the Trisphee Terms and Specific Rules for the RP section. Don't Break Them
2) Stealing of another's material will result in being barred from the thread.
3) Offer constructive criticism, but don't harass people over their work. Likewise, take criticism fairly.

Blacklist:
None :p-nod:

Lawtan 03-02-2016 06:55 PM

Also reserved for the subtitle committee

Lawtan 03-05-2016 01:04 PM

And...until I can get a digital art program on here to draw a better title...open. :)

Suzerain of Sheol 03-09-2016 12:06 AM

Quote:

Violating the decency of not stealing another's work will get you banned.
So, here's the thing: I refuse to steal any of your characters. Let me just find my threadban button here and see myself out....

Lawtan 03-09-2016 12:19 AM

Okay, I'll be fixing that now.

Espy 03-09-2016 03:39 AM

...-internal screaming due to having 100+ OCs-

Lawtan 03-09-2016 05:21 PM

...I will be slowly working through mine...One is giving me a block due to being a volatile character.
But feel free to post some of them, Espy. That's what this is fore :D

Quiet Man Cometh 03-09-2016 10:19 PM

So I've always sort of wondered, why "OC?" What is the distinction between an "original character" and a "character?" If a character is mine, wouldn't that already imply that it is original, or at least belonging to me? Why not just say "my character?"

Gallagher 03-10-2016 12:44 AM

i don't know how it's always been, but i think now and days, calling them ocs helps distinguish them from au characters, which have gotten to be insanely popular. a lot of aus can have so many differences that they don't particularly look like their canon of origin anymore. some people like to have credit as the creator of a particular au, too.

also, when stuff is cool enough, there's always someone that asks "what's this from?"

so, maybe people like to think their junk is cool, lol.

Suzerain of Sheol 03-10-2016 04:19 AM

We're well into the dissolution of creative media now, Quiet. The cross-contamination of the audience with the author's work has rendered plagiarized, bastardized, self-insert fan-fiction drivel more common than actual literature by orders of magnitude. Never underestimate the power of globalized intercommunication to render sordid the auspices of what was once art(1). By sheer statistics, it's indeed noteworthy that one has expended the intellectual energy to make a character of their own imagining, rather than imposing a cocktail of fetishes onto some hapless published figure in an abortion of creative thought.

1. I do not in any way concede the self-affirming value of art.

Lawtan 03-10-2016 05:08 AM

Not quite in so negative terms...but mainly because there is a sliding scale between spin-off and rip-off with such characters, and that scale could lead to folk raging and all.

Suzerain of Sheol 03-10-2016 03:31 PM

So, I filled out the epiguide sheet for one of my characters, but it's not exactly conducive to being forum-posted. :/

Espy 05-15-2016 05:51 PM

By the way, CharaHub is a nice little place to organize your OCs. If you guys want to sign up, feel free to use my referral link (https://charahub.com/refer/gmjj), since that gives me extra slots (it's capped at 100, and I have over 100 OCs...)