Trisphee

Trisphee (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcement Archives (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   New Search Bar! (http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4676)

Coda 04-26-2011 12:44 PM

New Search Bar!

You might have noticed that a new search bar showed up in the forum view. This was discussed mostly between me and Fen and was released to little fanfare, but today I realized that it wasn't actually WORKING, so I fixed it! I figured this warranted an announcement, so if you've tried the search bar before and it didn't work, or if you haven't tried it yet, I encourage you to give it a shot, especially if you're looking for something in Helping Hand or The Error Report.

If you encounter problems or have any ideas for how we could improve the search function, let us know! We want to make this convenient and user-friendly so it can help all of you as best as possible.

Fizzyology 04-26-2011 02:15 PM

Wow I'm oblivious I never noticed it XD thanks it'll prove useful I'm sure :3

and holy cheeze am I actually getting a first post for once in my life? :O

Illusion 04-26-2011 03:28 PM

*loves it*
Can we name it!?
Let's call it the Jibber Finder!!

Echo-chan713 04-26-2011 04:42 PM

Now I need to find this new search bar and give it an initiation process *u*

Samuel 04-26-2011 05:30 PM

Awesome! Thanks so much ^_^

Duchess 04-26-2011 05:39 PM

I noticed it! I thought it was awesome but also thought it would be too stupid to start a whole thread dedicated to it myself >w>

I'm very grateful! Thank you for the feature! I disliked scrolling all the way to the bottom or choosing it from the advanced search page @__@

I guess i'm just lazy

Coda 04-26-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess (Post 636595)
I'm very grateful! Thank you for the feature! I disliked scrolling all the way to the bottom or choosing it from the advanced search page @__@

That's exactly why we implemented it :P

Angel Spirit Girl 04-26-2011 10:26 PM

Thank you for the improvement. <3

Fey 04-26-2011 10:51 PM

LOL and here I was just using the advanced search feature...I lurv that thing, and it attaches to my google-fu prowess...here's to hoping the new li'l tyke does too!

Cazzidy 04-27-2011 08:41 AM

-=What you're allergic to cats?...=-

-=It's alright, I'm allergic to you...=-

Jurinjo 04-27-2011 07:07 PM

huh...I don't remember that there last night. How long has it been around? xD; -oblivious-

This might help a little in the game forum since I really only want to play avatar games. I should test that out.

EDIT: inputting "avatar" got me 3 pages of not necessarily the threads I was looking for but definitely more convenient since probably 2/3 of it was the threads I'm looking for C:

Coda 04-27-2011 07:23 PM

TECHNICALLY? It's always been there but it was at the bottom of the page with just a "search this forum" link at the top, and it looked ugly. I spruced it up and moved it to be more convenient a few days ago.

NikkoGallarado 04-27-2011 09:53 PM

lol I never noticed it for how long I had been here I feel so bad Coda.

Perfectly Wicked 04-29-2011 10:50 PM

lol! I didn't notice the bar until I saw this topic..

But I like it. xD

Quiet Man Cometh 05-11-2011 04:48 AM

I did not realize it was new. I used it when I first arrived on Trisphee. I was very happy that it worked! That would make it the first functional search bar that I have encountered in a forum. Really.

Coda 05-11-2011 10:52 AM

The search function itself isn't new. Putting it at the top and making it look nice is.